Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Las Vegas Blvd. South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The supercharger near Fremont Street has sure worked for me while going to/from Las Vegas NV. I remember scouting for the location of this new one long before Tesla broke ground. I'm glad it is almost complete. I think this new supercharger may be in one of the boxes under the tree! Let's hope so! The 25th is just around the corner.

IMG_7930.JPG

The fencing around the site has been removed. There was at least one worker present at 4:30pm when I drove by on my way home, and I did glimpse that the shrink-wrap is still on the pedestals, so I suspect that it's not turned on yet. But heck, progress is progress, true?

I was at the new (2nd) Las Vegas Supercharger site on Tuesday 12/20/2016 around 1:00 PM. The Supercharger construction appears to be complete but there is no utility transformer installed. A 2 man crew was there finishing the installation of the iron gates at the equipment enclosure. This site has 10 pedestals and is located at the far NE corner of the Town Square shopping center parking lot. It is SW of the intersection of Las Vegas Blvd and Sunset Rd, SW of McCarran Airport.
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3018.JPG
IMG_3029.JPG

But has the transformer turned up (on the base with four white cones in photo 2 of post #41 above, not visible in your photo)?
As of 30DEC the transformer is in place. The power lines have been pulled from the street. NV Energy personnel say all that needs to be completed is the meter installation. No time frame was offered for this phase of the project.

I stopped by this evening after work to see what was happening, if anything. There were no less than 4 NV Energy trucks there, and they were actively working on the equipment in the dark, as you can see in the photo. The 1 work truck and 1 boom truck visible in the photo hide a second work truck and a second boom truck behind them. There's no need for a boom at this point so I assume that was just what the needed personnel happened to be driving.

P_20170103_171549.jpg