Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lee, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning Board 3/14 minutes (see http://www.lee.ma.us/planning-board/minutes/meeting-minutes)

Tesla Motors/Site Plan Submission/10 Pleasant Street/CBC Zoning District

Jesse Karp, representing Tesla Motors, submitted a site plan . The project is an electrical vehicle charging station to be located at the Big Y property at 10 Pleasant Street. The project consists of 8 stalls totaling approximately 1500 sq.ft. The project will be located outside of the floodplain and setback. The project requires a site plan review under Section 199-4.2 (G) (4) (e).

There was some discussion amongst the board that the project may require a parking analysis. The applicant agreed to evaluate how many parking spaces the project would require.

Sherman made a motion to accept the site plan submission as adequate. This motion was seconded by Peter and was unanimously approved, 5-0.

The site plan review is scheduled on March 28, 2016 6:45 P.M.

I didn't find anything posted on the 3/28 site plan review.

Also appears to have passed the Conservation Commission on 4/6 (see http://www.lee.ma.us/conservation-commission/minutes/2016-04-06-minutes)
Tesla Motors Informational Mr. Smith and Mr. Ouellette presenting. The plan for the supercharging stations that are to be installed in the Big Y shopping plaza was shown. They will be at least 600’ from the riverfront and outside of the 100-year flood plain. The site was chosen because of its close proximity to the Massachusetts Turnpike. The plan as presented is outside of the Commission’s jurisdiction and the Commission has no problem with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SureValla
Planning Board 3/14 minutes (see http://www.lee.ma.us/planning-board/minutes/meeting-minutes)

I didn't find anything posted on the 3/28 site plan review.

Also appears to have passed the Conservation Commission on 4/6 (see http://www.lee.ma.us/conservation-commission/minutes/2016-04-06-minutes)

this would be perfect I travel up rt 8 to I90 along this exact route from time to time. I even usually stop to fill up my prius at that big Y. Now I'll be stopping to fill up my Model 3!

visited the lee big y location again today.

once again, drove around the entire building and parking lot.

Nothing new on the Lee town site since April (Google for "site:lee.ma.us tesla")

Upon reading the various hits for the google search above I saw in one the following comment: "supercharging stations...will be at least 600’ from the riverfront and outside of the 100-year flood plain."

Looking at the map of the building, river, and parking lot leads me to think they will be close to the road and not behind the building as that would be <600ft from the riverfront.

upload_2016-6-10_7-22-20.png

good point, thus my full survey of the entire location.

in case followers are not aware, there are 2 existing ev chargers at the northeast corner of the building, i'm not sure what standard or capability they have. empty both times i visited the site.

they're possibly within 600' of the river? ;)

I looked up the 100 year flood plain (copied below) and annoted it with where the big Y property (red outline) and building (highlighted red outline).

The shaded areas are within the 100 year flood plain (zones A), Zone C is the 500 year flood plain, and Zone B is somewhere inbetween those designations.

Apologies as the map from FEMA is not cenetered on true North for some reason.

upload_2016-6-10_14-34-27.png

based on this my guesses for where the stalls will go are in the circled regions

upload_2016-6-10_14-37-16.png

Personally I think the outlet parking lot would have been a way more appropriate place for the supercharger

Last edited:
visited the lee big y location again today.

unfortunately, still no obvious signs of construction. no markings, no pylons, palleted equipment, shipping containers, trenching, etc.

once again, drove around the entire building and parking lot.

Sorry about the wild-goose chase. From what I gather, not worth checking again fof another week or two from now.