Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would take a bet that the holdup is the local electric utility
Tesla is always tight mouthed about opening dates. Likely they don't know themselves when the utility people will turn them on.
Utilities are a monopoly, "no rush, it's us or nobody. " attitude.

thanks for the Burger 21 info. Is a 15 foot 1450 extension cord long enough? And a super thanks to
ahurst. I will eat there on my way to West Texas if it is open by then.
I would
Cracker Barrel at Alma would be an ideal location. Would certainly prevent the need to detour into Ft. Smith.
I would second the motion for the Cracker Barrel at Alma.

I would take a bet that the holdup is the local electric utility
Tesla is always tight mouthed about opening dates. Likely they don't know themselves when the utility people will turn them on.
Utilities are a monopoly, "no rush, it's us or nobody. " attitude.

thanks for the Burger 21 info. Is a 15 foot 1450 extension cord long enough? And a super thanks to
ahurst. I will eat there on my way to West Texas if it is open by then.

If you have a 15-foot extension, plus your UMC, you will be fine.

A quick post of charging today to return to the conversation from a few weeks ago about the orientation of the pedestals and cable strain. No issue charging and there was plenty of clearance and room to back up further.

IMG_8221.JPG

I'm hoping that the next SC in Arkansas is in Alma, so I can charge when going up to Fayetteville, AR. However, the Tesla site says Clarksville and Ft. Smith are planned. I won't get my Model 3 until mid 2018, most likely, so I'm sure they will have those two locations completed long before then. The only other direction that I go on trips on a fairly regular basis is down to Biloxi, MS, and sadly the only town with a highway before hitting Jackson is in Pine Bluff, which I think an unlikely location for a SC. We probably will have to continue to drive an ICE for that trip.

I'm good with getting good miles/kWh with my Leaf, and I do plan on getting the largest capacity Model 3, but I'm not sure my wife could stomach me traveling at 60mph for those longer stretches between SCs. When traveling that route, you even have to plan out gas station access, there is so little to be had out there.

I still don't like the "reacharound" layout!

I mean it's not really a big deal for me, but I'm thinking of someone who might be handicapped or otherwise physically impaired.
I am wheechair bound, but yet active, would see this to be an issue. No way I could pop a wheely onto the curb and be able to reach the handle. My wife and I are visiting Hot Springs this weekend and making plans to stop to charge. Good thing she'll be with me.

I am wheechair bound, but yet active, would see this to be an issue. No way I could pop a wheely onto the curb and be able to reach the handle. My wife and I are visiting Hot Springs this weekend and making plans to stop to charge. Good thing she'll be with me.
Do you think that the end bollard would be more accessible? You might have to park away from the left-hand curb a bit. See the last picture in the linked post...

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR