Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lowell, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lowell, AR

Along Primary Interstates: I-49
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-62, US-71
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-49

To: Joplin, MO - 65.7 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: I-435 near Kansas City, MO - 207.4 miles

Finally another location in Arkansas under construction.
Another step towards covering the US Interstate network. Hopefully the crew will head south to Fort Smith, AR next.

The OKC->Catoosa->Lowell->Little Rock route should add about 1.5 hours to the typical route along I-40 that we all wish had superchargers. It also puts you on a toll road between OKC and Tulsa while I-40 has no tolls. This is a big improvement, but still inconvenient for cross country travelers.

I just left the
Reported on reddit's /r/superchargers by /u/jshaddo: Finally another supercharger in Arkansas!! : superchargers

Apparently, there's a new supercharger going in at the Workman's Travel Center (truck stop/gas station) right off I-49 in Lowell, AR. This is about 15 miles north of Fayetteville, AR and is almost exactly between Joplin, MO and Fort Smith, AR at just over 70 miles to both cities. Most likely, this is the actual location for Tesla's Fayetteville "coming soon" pin. The picture from the reddit post only shows 5 stalls, but I doubt that's the actual number. More likely to be at least 6 or 8, but we'll need some better pics of the area and/or ground work to know for sure.

Address: 898 W Monroe Ave, Lowell, AR 72745
GPS (guess): 36.255329, -94.152637

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP
I just left the travel center and I was talking to an employee.
Reported on reddit's /r/superchargers by /u/jshaddo: Finally another supercharger in Arkansas!! : superchargers

Apparently, there's a new supercharger going in at the Workman's Travel Center (truck stop/gas station) right off I-49 in Lowell, AR. This is about 15 miles north of Fayetteville, AR and is almost exactly between Joplin, MO and Fort Smith, AR at just over 70 miles to both cities. Most likely, this is the actual location for Tesla's Fayetteville "coming soon" pin. The picture from the reddit post only shows 5 stalls, but I doubt that's the actual number. More likely to be at least 6 or 8, but we'll need some better pics of the area and/or ground work to know for sure.

Address: 898 W Monroe Ave, Lowell, AR 72745
GPS (guess): 36.255329, -94.152637

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

I just left the Travel center and I was talking to the employees. There is 8 stalls with the parking spots on each side of the chargers. That is why they are so close to each other. She said that they were told that it will take 15 minutes to charge a car and that they will be ready in about three weeks. She said she believe the owner was going to have them at another location that they have in Clarksville, Ar. next. So I am thinking that this might be business owners asking for them instead of Tesla just finding spots. She said that she will text me with more details tomorrow about them. I have a picture showing everything attached. The eighth stall is on the side but she is not sure if it is being relocated or if that is perminent.
20200129_181821.jpg

Lowell, AR

Along Primary Interstates: I-49
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-62, US-71
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-49

To: Joplin, MO - 65.7 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: I-435 near Kansas City, MO - 207.4 miles

Finally another location in Arkansas under construction.
Another step towards covering the US Interstate network. Hopefully the crew will head south to Fort Smith, AR next.

Also just north of 412, which is a straight shot to the Tulsa (Catoosa) supercharger, ~100 miles

I just left the Travel center and I was talking to the employees. There is 8 stalls with the parking spots on each side of the chargers. That is why they are so close to each other. She said that they were told that it will take 15 minutes to charge a car and that they will be ready in about three weeks. She said she believe the owner was going to have them at another location that they have in Clarksville, Ar. next. So I am thinking that this might be business owners asking for them instead of Tesla just finding spots. She said that she will text me with more details tomorrow about them. I have a picture showing everything attached. The eighth stall is on the side but she is not sure if it is being relocated or if that is perminent.View attachment 505860

Great info thank you!

She said she believe the owner was going to have them at another location that they have in Clarksville, Ar. next. So I am thinking that this might be business owners asking for them instead of Tesla just finding spots.

This is certainly the case with Sheetz and Wawa in the mid-Atlantic region, and just in the case of Sheetz they appear to be really good at determining where the holes in the network are.

This is a really good sign. It means that convenience stores (and in this case travel centers) are seeing the writing on the wall that we are in a transition and they had better get on board with supplying charging services to attract customers before their competition does. And I'm sure Tesla is seeing a very favorable business arrangement from sites that reach out to them vs. vice versa.

There doesn't appear to be another Workman's Travel Center in Clarksville *but* there is one in Ozark, which is an interesting concept. Tesla could consolidate the planned Clarksville and Ft. Smith locations into this single stop. Distance is 225 from Ozark to OKC charger and keeps the spot directly on I-40. Will be fun to see how things shape up over the next few months.

Good evening... I was the original poster in the supercharger subreddit. I know these guys have 3 locations along I-49 & I-40. The Ozark location is a very busy travel center and hopefully will be there next move. I frequently make the trip from Rogers to Little Rock and it's a little nerve racking to make it from the Supercharger in SW Little Rock in my Model 3. The Ozark location would really help out. It's also a great stop with pretty clean restrooms... Here's to hoping...