Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milford, CT - Boston Post Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting here at the new Milford charger currently. When I plugged in I received an error message on the driver's screen, charging didn't start. Something about disconnecting, tapping the brakes, and trying again. I moved to a different stall, and same thing. This time I ignored it, and in about 2 minutes the charging began. I've NEVER seen this before and I supercharge a ton.

Anyone else seen this before? Is this new set of stalls different somehow from legacy chargers?

drove by the other day, no cars being charged but i think 4-5 stalls were listed as being used. I think its to limit how many people would leave their cars and go to the mall? Right now must be a low usage site but that will likely ramp up as the model 3 rolls out.

As an aside, I noted some model s' sitting there without front license plates ... my guess is the SC brought the cars there to charge.

drove by the other day, no cars being charged but i think 4-5 stalls were listed as being used. I think its to limit how many people would leave their cars and go to the mall? Right now must be a low usage site but that will likely ramp up as the model 3 rolls out.

As an aside, I noted some model s' sitting there without front license plates ... my guess is the SC brought the cars there to charge.
I don't think "stalls in use" updates anywhere near real time. I've seen sites showing 2-3 in use that are empty when I get there.

Last week I pulled into i95 N with an S loaner and attempted to charge. Car would charge for 1 min and then give me an error to reconnect. Thought something was up with the car being a loaner or something.

Fast forward to last night I pull in again with my 3 and there's a guy there fixing the supercharger. Didn't have time to wait but he said it was a quick 10 min fix. Should be up and running again. Anyone else have issues in the last week?

Reactions: chjch
I had a similar problem in Greenwich once. It would charge for a minute or two, then stop with an error until I unplugged and plugged back in. I switched to another charger and had the same thing. Some other guy started charging next to me in the paired charger, and when it stopped for me, it stopped for him, too, but when I unplugged and plugged back in, his started up again without unplugging. It was acting like it was something specific to my car, but I didn't have trouble at any other chargers, and I know the Greenwich charger is one of the oldest in the area.

• Informative
Reactions: SureValla
Last week I pulled into i95 N with an S loaner and attempted to charge. Car would charge for 1 min and then give me an error to reconnect. Thought something was up with the car being a loaner or something.

Fast forward to last night I pull in again with my 3 and there's a guy there fixing the supercharger. Didn't have time to wait but he said it was a quick 10 min fix. Should be up and running again. Anyone else have issues in the last week?

The fix didn’t take. I’m having the exact same problem now. It ramps up and then quits. I’m going to have to stop at Manchester to make it to Boston. Called it in to Tesla. They mentioned it had just been fixed but that’s not helping this evening.

• Informative
The fix didn’t take. I’m having the exact same problem now. It ramps up and then quits. I’m going to have to stop at Manchester to make it to Boston. Called it in to Tesla. They mentioned it had just been fixed but that’s not helping this evening.

interesting that is good to know. Next time you could always go to the I95 S one or even the Milford Mall which is very close to the highway.

interesting that is good to know. Next time you could always go to the I95 S one or even the Milford Mall which is very close to the highway.

Didn’t want to backtrack. Nice to have options - Auburn would have worked as well. Or driving at 55 the rest of the way.

Unfortunately the one time I have trouble like this had to be the time I was giving a relative and a business colleague, both potential Tesla buyers, a lift. Weakens the sales pitch.

Yup. We were headed up to Foxwoods in my Model S last week and we pulled into the northbound Milford dual SC rest stop on 95. Both SCs were inoperative, giving me a 'cable fault' warning on both. This warning was coupled with a blinking red light around my charge port.

I called Tesla and after checking, they claimed the chargers were operating at about 50%. Not sure how that would cause a 'cable fault' warning on my IC.

Coming home we pulled into the southbound Milford dual SC rest stop. There I had success except for the van that decided that stall 2 was a neat parking spot. Fortunately the guy charging at stall 1 knew who owned the van and we were able to have him move it. Interestingly the other Tesla owner told me he too had reported the faulty northbound charger the week before.

I'm not sure how quickly Tesla typically repairs these things.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: SureValla and EdA
We noticed that, too, on our trip south about a week ago: no I95 N or S on the NAV. Since we were pulling in anyway for a quick stop, checked them and found the 2 stalls empty. Plugged in with the car at 105 RM and got rates of 308 to 252 miles/hr; very happy to get back up to 80%.

We just made our return trip and again saw these were not on the NAV, but did not stop at the NB side. Instead we headed to Milford Boston Post road superchargers and had lunch at Chipotle.