Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Missoula, MT - Highway 93 North (LIVE 25 Jan 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1691038719472.png1691039165622.png1691038807672.png
Land and zoning, building and electrical permits have been issued. 7/20 for electrical and 7/25 for building.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian and IdaX
Someone uploaded this image of this location on October 23rd... If you look closely the bollards have been removed which were present in previous photos. Do you think this may be a sign that Tesla is going to be upgrading this location to a Magic Dock site?

Attachments

• 1699303870323.png
    1699303870323.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 36
Someone uploaded this image of this location on October 23rd... If you look closely the bollards have been removed which were present in previous photos. Do you think this may be a sign that Tesla is going to be upgrading this location to a Magic Dock site?

I expect all of the V3 sites in Montana and North Dakota to get upgraded to MagicDocks.

• Love
Reactions: ImScotty
What does removing the bollards have to do with magic dock? If it’s the language on the signs, they can just swap those. The bollards are there to protect. Removing them won’t allow better parking for non Tesla vehicles. Guessing it might be a permit thing. Signs might need to be permitted separately, even though they are part of the building permit drawings.

What does removing the bollards have to do with magic dock? If it’s the language on the signs, they can just swap those. The bollards are there to protect. Removing them won’t allow better parking for non Tesla vehicles. Guessing it might be a permit thing. Signs might need to be permitted separately, even though they are part of the building permit drawings.
On MagicDock locations they almost always remove the bollards to ensure non-Tesla drivers can pull up far enough to plug their vehicles into the chargers.

I just stopped in, and as a relative expert on the topic, I can say this site looks completely finished and is just awaiting commissioning. As in the most recent picture, the transformer and meter have been installed and the trench is filled and paved and the parking stalls have been accurately painted. The meter is cycling through various screens that mostly show zeroes which means no one has been by to test and commission it yet.

This is another station under construction that's not showing on Tesla's Find Us map, though a location in downtown Missoula at E Broadway St and N Higgins Ave is showing (with the popup showing "Target opening in 2023" and "Timing and location subject to change"). Maybe that downtown location is now the one at I-90 & US 93 and Tesla just hasn't bothered to change the location pin until it goes live?

Anyone see any progress?