Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montgomery, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electrify America just opened their Montgomery, Alabama station today, which means they now cover Alabama equally or arguably better than Tesla does. They really need to get on the ball with this location or at least offer a CCS1 adapter. Anything we can do besides tweet Elon?

I know what you mean... as good as the supercharger network is overall, EA has been really good about putting them right in the middle of Tesla charging gaps. It'd be a great time to have a reasonably priced adapter.

Was doing some searching of building/electrical permits for the City of Montgomery and found the following. Looks like a Supercharger may be coming to the Target in Eastchase. Awesome!

PermitNoEL210456
ParcelNo09 05 21 1 000 043.000
IssuedDateFebruary 22, 2021
JobDescriptionINSTALL EV VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS IN PARKING LOT OF EXISTING COMMERCIAL BUILDING. ALL INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED BY ALL APPLICABLE DEPTS. STAMPED COPY OF PLANS AND REVIEW LETTER MUST BE KEPT ON JOB SITE AT ALL TIMES. TO MEET ALL APPLICABLE CODES.
PhysicalAddress2576 BERRYHILL RD MONTGOMERY AL 36117
ContractorNameRANDY FARRELL
OwnerNameTARGET CORPORATION

Was doing some searching of building/electrical permits for the City of Montgomery and found the following. Looks like a Supercharger may be coming to the Target in Eastchase. Awesome!

PermitNoEL210456
ParcelNo09 05 21 1 000 043.000
IssuedDateFebruary 22, 2021
JobDescriptionINSTALL EV VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS IN PARKING LOT OF EXISTING COMMERCIAL BUILDING. ALL INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED BY ALL APPLICABLE DEPTS. STAMPED COPY OF PLANS AND REVIEW LETTER MUST BE KEPT ON JOB SITE AT ALL TIMES. TO MEET ALL APPLICABLE CODES.
PhysicalAddress2576 BERRYHILL RD MONTGOMERY AL 36117
ContractorNameRANDY FARRELL
OwnerNameTARGET CORPORATION
@Chuq @MarcoRP The location pin of this site in supercharge.info is nowhere near the Target mentioned in the permit. Please fix this.

1616185676254.png

Last edited:
Montgomery, AL

Along Primary Interstates: I-85
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-80, US-231
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-85

To: Auburn, AL - 51.5 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Newnan, GA - 118.1 miles

To: Oxford, AL (I-85, US-231, AL-21, I-20) - 111 miles
To: Tifton, GA (I-85, US-80, US-280, GA-520, US-82) - 198.1 miles
To: Marianna, FL (AL-271, US-231, I-10) - 146.3 miles
To: Panama City Beach, FL (AL-271, US-231, AL-87, AL-167/FL-167, FL-79, US-98) - 168.6 miles
To: Meridian, MS (I-85, I-65, US-80, I-20, US-45, MS-19) - 164.9 miles
To: Grenada, MS (I-85, US-31, US-82, I-55) - 277.3 miles
To: Birmingham, AL (I-85, I-65) - 101.3 miles
To: Steele, AL (I-85, I-65, I-459, I-59) - 143.8 miles

Helps with the I-65 to I-85 connection.
Also adds a Supercharger on US-80 so will help with some east-west travel.
But, it's a bit too far to the east of Montgomery to help split the 132.7 mile gap between Greenville, AL and Birmingham, AL.

Reactions: 1speed
Location is godawful for I-65 thru travel, which is arguably in more need of infill than the 85/65 route that already passes Auburn and Greenville.
If you're passing through on 65, this stop means 21 added miles and 25 minutes of additional driving, even without traffic.
And have you ever seen Eastchase without traffic?

Location is godawful for I-65 thru travel, which is arguably in more need of infill than the 85/65 route that already passes Auburn and Greenville.
If you're passing through on 65, this stop means 21 added miles and 25 minutes of additional driving, even without traffic.
And have you ever seen Eastchase without traffic?
When I head to the beach coming from Nashville I go through Troy/Dothan. So this will still work pretty well for me.

So visiting Montgomery for the 2nd time in a month for work and have always been shocked there is no Supercharger here because it's the capital but also because it seems like a good in-between spot for going to Atlanta, Birmingham & LA (Lower Alabama). However, I don't see many Tesla's driving around either but regardless it needs at least 1 Supercharger as I think Alabama is awesome, love coming here.

Just so happens my hotel is across the street from this Target and stopped by after leaving work today. Certainly looks like a section of the parking lot has very recently been blocked off that would be a perfect spot for several chargers. It has had utilities marked, cones put down and a mini excavator is on-site. Curious if this is new since @engr01 was just here this weekend. I'm here for another 7 days so will be checking it out daily but my hype meter for you guys is already at a 9 out of 10.
IMG_2146[1].JPG