Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgantown, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
@jbumps posted that a contract has been signed: West Virginia ?

@emupilot suggested that perhaps Tesla had done a deal with Sheetz at 21 Asturias Lane
West Virginia ?

@jbumps replied that Sheetz doesn't own the property but was very accommodating to their new neighbours.

So Supercharge.info added 21 Asturias Lane.
So I'm creating a dedicated thread. I have sent the thread URL as a discuss link to Supercharge.info.

Last edited:
Morgantown, WV

Interstates: I-68, I-79
US Numbered Highways (<=5 mi): US-119

I-68:
To: End (I-70 near Hancock, MD) 111 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles

I-79
To: Cranberry Township, PA: 92 miles
Diversion: 3 miles

First Supercharger on US-119.

Additionally:

To: Hagerstown, MD (I-68, I-70) - 141 miles
To: Somerset, PA (I-68, WV-26, PA-281) - 68.8 miles
To: Triadelphia, WV (I-68, I-79, I-70) - 73,5 miles
To: Strasburg, VA (I-68, MD-51, WV-9, WV-127, VA-127, US-522, VA-37, I-81) - 152 miles
To: Lexington, VA (I-68, MD-42, US-219, MD-135, MD-560, US-50, WV-42, US-48, VA-259, I-81, I-64) - 231 miles
To: Wytheville, VA (I-68, I-79, US-19, I-64, I-77) - 237 miles
To: Lexington, KY (I-68, I-79, I-77, I-64, I-75*) - 323 miles
To: London, KY (I-68, I-79, I-77, I-64, KY-627, I-75) - 375 miles

* 5 Interstates in 323 miles, none of which are spurs. Just thought that was interesting.

I live just a few miles from the Sheetz in question. It looks like they're putting in some other new buildings next door, so I can't tell if the superchargers will be at the existing Sheetz parking lot (which there is ample space for) or in the new construction. Lots of earth moving/utility work going on, but no signs of construction for the superchargers themselves yet.

I live just a few miles from the Sheetz in question. It looks like they're putting in some other new buildings next door, so I can't tell if the superchargers will be at the existing Sheetz parking lot (which there is ample space for) or in the new construction. Lots of earth moving/utility work going on, but no signs of construction for the superchargers themselves yet.

Are you an owner that I've somehow not met in this small town?

I was in Morgantown Thursday (12/29/16) and no sign of Supercharger construction. As MogWV indicated in post # 5 above, there is a lot of construction across Asturias Lane with some VERY LARGE piles of gravel and dirt. Heavy earth moving equipment seems to be grading the site for something big.

What was it like up at Ross Park on the 31st? I reserved mine from a different location but for pick up there.
It was a good time- fun meeting and talking to some other Tesla enthusiasts. I was actually in line in front of Newscutter's better half while she was feeding him pics from the event. It was amusing to see the bewildered looks from mall walkers trying to figure out what the heck everyone was lined up for.

On another note, I stopped by Sheetz in Morgantown again yesterday and still didn't notice any signs of construction on the superchargers.

I was in Morgantown Thursday (12/29/16) and no sign of Supercharger construction. As MogWV indicated in post # 5 above, there is a lot of construction across Asturias Lane with some VERY LARGE piles of gravel and dirt. Heavy earth moving equipment seems to be grading the site for something big.

There are 6 parcels in total. Sheetz was the first to see completion. I'm speculating that the surrounding construction, winter weather, and impossibility that is working with Mon Power will mean it will be some time before this site is live.

I'm new to this site, but I wonder if anyone knows if there is any hope of a SC in Charleston? I see this post was made a year ago....just wondering and hoping.
If you check out the Tesla Supercharger website and check out their planned map for 2017, it looks like they're planning on putting a supercharger station in Charleston, WV at some point as well as one on I79 midway between Charleston and Morgantown. ETA would be anyone's guess, though.

On another note, I stopped by the Sheetz in Morgantown again today, and I still didn't see any sign of construction.