Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went by the construction at the Napa location and I'm having a hard time visualizing a supercharger there. Right now there is one hugh concrete warehouse looking building. There is nothing near this location in the way of shopping or food unless these are part of this structure. Do not know what else might be built around but right now only sheriffs station and wine and shipping businesses. It has a long way to go to be a supercharging spot.

Doesn't look like a great location for a Supercharger. But that could change. Wine country tourists are plentiful and if you're visiting, and going to lots of wineries you are better off not driving yourself.

Consider this location as a place you drive to, drop your car off with a valet and get a limo to take you around to wineries. Then an Uber or Lyft service to dinner and a hotel to sleep it off. When you're ready to leave, you get a ride back to your car or maybe your car is driven to you.

Destination charging might be enough for this I agree. But if you're not staying overnight, a super charging valet service seems like a real win.

I think the supercharger will be on Devlin Road about a mile north of Airport Road immediately south of Allied Propane. The satellite view shows a scraped off area there. The planning commission document mentions poor highway access. This will be a complete fueling station for all types of vehicles and the planning documents expect most of the business will be from visitors to the industrial park. There are some changes planned for the 29 / 221 intersection just north of this location that might make access a little easier in the future. There will be a convenience store at the charger and picnic tables.

Still, there are other superchargers even further off the highway. (St George Utah comes to mind).

Not yet but that is the location about 1 mile down Devlin road going north.
I stopped at the Allied Clean Fuels site and there isn't anything there, either. I don't think it will be there. All of their spaces are secured except in their employee/customer parking area. The Tesla spot has to be South of the intersection of Airport/Devlin, which is the big construction area currently being developed.

I stopped at the Allied Clean Fuels site and there isn't anything there, either. I don't think it will be there. All of their spaces are secured except in their employee/customer parking area. The Tesla spot has to be South of the intersection of Airport/Devlin, which is the big construction area currently being developed.
There were permitted plans to develop the empty lot to the south of the existing Allied Propane facility. If there's nothing going on there, then they just haven't started building it yet.

The problem is we do not have a specific address, Airport and Devlin road is very vague, and I have been by that construction and do not see where a Supercharger would be. There is nothing there and just a concrete warehouse type of construction going on. You really need a place to eat and something to do.

The problem is we do not have a specific address, Airport and Devlin road is very vague, and I have been by that construction and do not see where a Supercharger would be. There is nothing there and just a concrete warehouse type of construction going on. You really need a place to eat and something to do.

On the Supercharge.info website, there is a longitude/latitude associated with every Supercharger. I checked some of the existing SC's and they are exactly where the L/L shows them. For Napa, the coordinates are 38.222463 and -122.262814. Plugging that into Google Maps, here is where it shows the Napa SC will be:
Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 8.32.23 AM.png