Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - National Harbor, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by for a charge today at 5pm. A parking attendant took my license plate on the way in and charged me $3 for the first hour of charging. Also, there were 3 non Tesla’s parked there in front of the attendant with no issue.
9CCC0C8A-AD57-4395-A5E7-0113BB3216A1.jpeg
BF384D50-60B2-4B46-9018-F3C452508B12.jpeg

Day 1: 7 ICE cars in the Tesla only lot, but none in a charger spot. Parking lot attendant doesn't care the "Tesla Only" sign is right above the ICE cars. Today I shouldn't care because there were only 3 Teslas charging so no Idle fee's are possible. But when this becomes busy with Tesla's and we don't have a place to move our cars to free up a charging spot, this could get ugly.

IMG_2529.jpg

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: XHokie and Austral
IMG_1929.JPG

Whatever feelings you have about the parking situation, it's the only supercharger lot I've seen with a FREE vacuum and air pump.

While there this morning, I saw two contractors talking about pouring some new concrete, among other things. The discussion was around the parking ticket machine.
So it's just speculation but maybe they are going to close off the big entrance and put a gate in at the ticket machine.

Day 1: 7 ICE cars in the Tesla only lot, but none in a charger spot. Parking lot attendant doesn't care the "Tesla Only" sign is right above the ICE cars. Today I shouldn't care because there were only 3 Teslas charging so no Idle fee's are possible. But when this becomes busy with Tesla's and we don't have a place to move our cars to free up a charging spot, this could get ugly.

View attachment 251601

Yes, not only that, but if they don't start enforcing, the charging spots are gonna get ICEd, too.

your post was false. Savannah isn't free. I paid my $1hour to park there. gate attendant wouldn't and couldn't waive any fee for me. and I'm not wasting my time to hike over to terminal and find some one (who?) btw their lunch and coffee breaks to validate my ticket after I prove to them I own a Tesla -- and after I answer their questions, "you bought a six digit car and you come all the way here to hunt me down I to save a $1?". that would be a bigger cost.

suck it up and pay for parking on prime real estate or charge somewhere else.

and don't be surprised when people disagree with false information.

You must have encountered someone new. I’ve been there two or three times, stayed less than an hour, and all I had to do was say I was charging and they let me exit.

• Informative
Reactions: Austral
View attachment 251604

Whatever feelings you have about the parking situation, it's the only supercharger lot I've seen with a FREE vacuum and air pump.

While there this morning, I saw two contractors talking about pouring some new concrete, among other things. The discussion was around the parking ticket machine.
So it's just speculation but maybe they are going to close off the big entrance and put a gate in at the ticket machine.
I also encouraged them to add a squeegee for cleaning our windshields and a trashcan. They thought that was a great idea and plan to implement it. There is also bench seating at the edge of the lot so you can relax outside your car if you wish.

I stopped by at 1pm this afternoon in my Fiat 500e to check out the new location and get some pictures. There was a security guard at the lot entrance who tried to turn me away. I explained that I just wanted a couple of pictures and he let me in. There was another security guard on a golf cart in the lot.

Two Tesla’s were changing and another’s one pulled up as I was leaving. Signage has been added indicating that you must pay for parking prior to charging - so all spots are pay charging no matter what (finally some clarification).

An electrical contractor was there working on something. There is also a trash can and a vacuum in the lot near the electrical equipment. A great location, for sure.

A489F32E-D979-4482-9E76-B962123E23B1.jpeg 9D769E9E-A042-4DB9-AE12-CF252AB2F0DD.jpeg 711A515F-4F73-4AE5-83DA-0CA74126AF9C.jpeg 6EC3E4DE-EB31-41A6-BD29-07CD6F081249.jpeg EF862A85-09F5-41EB-8932-7BDB617B31C8.jpeg