Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my way out, I stopped at the old chargers, redirected two unsuspecting drivers, taped cables to the charger (one was already lying on the ground), and added small notes on each charger with directions to the new installation. That should do it until we all become aware of the new and improved Newark, DE supercharger.

Thank you for doing Tesla's job for them. If memory serves one has to drive past the new chargers even if you are coming from the south. Of course I suffer from CRS syndrome so maybe not.

Thank you for doing Tesla's job for them. If memory serves one has to drive past the new chargers even if you are coming from the south. Of course I suffer from CRS syndrome so maybe not.

They will be readily visible at night when coming in from the South bound side of I95. If you are coming in from the northbound side they are more visible than the 'old' 4 stall ones.

Heading south Wednesday to join the @TeslaRoadTrip planning team for a group Model III pre-order on Thursday in the DC area (at Tysons I believe), then we're going to watch the unveiling at a restaurant/bar that evening. Will be heading back north on Friday, so I guess I'm going to miss you all!

Aaron

On my way out, I stopped at the old chargers, redirected two unsuspecting drivers, taped cables to the charger (one was already lying on the ground), and added small notes on each charger with directions to the new installation. That should do it until we all become aware of the new and improved Newark, DE supercharger.

Agree with Al about the construction crew. Precise work. They were placing sod on the bare dirt this afternoon. When they are finished, Tesla Motors will have a new Flagship site East of the Rockies - and completed just in time for a major holiday travel weekend.

@Lanny is suggesting a grassroots ribbon-cutting ceremony on Saturday at Noon.

Reply here if you can attend.

More photos soon.

I can attend.

This would be a 'grassroots' ribbon cutting - no Tesla involvement (other than providing the Superchargers!)

Here are the construction photos taken yesterday:
2T0A5522-X2.jpg

2T0A5524-X2.jpg

2T0A5525-X2.jpg

2T0A5526-X2.jpg

2T0A5527-X2.jpg

2T0A5530-X2.jpg

2T0A5532-X2.jpg

2T0A5534-X2.jpg

2T0A5535-X2.jpg

2T0A5536-X2.jpg

2T0A5537-X2.jpg

2T0A5538-X2.jpg

2T0A5539-X2.jpg

2T0A5541-X2.jpg

2T0A5542-X2.jpg

2T0A5544-X2.jpg

2T0A5547-X2.jpg

It seems that this won’t be a good weekend for most people to be able to come. Half Dollar Bill has the ribbon and scissors and he won’t be able to come either.

Looks like it is open for another date to be chosen for the unofficial grassroots ribbon cutting.

So there are 12 now, or 16?

I'm just about to epoxy my garage floor, and now I'm thinking I NEED a Tesla "T" in the middle of it....

What do you guys think? Gloss white ceiling, walls, all LED lights, and white T with gloss black floor...