Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ocala, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by this afternoon. The transformer is powered. I can hear it humming. The electric meter is installed and powered. Only thing that is obviously missing are the parking signs and labeling the pedestals, (!A, 2A, 3A, etc). Tried to charge, but could not.

Stopped by this afternoon. The transformer is powered. I can hear it humming. The electric meter is installed and powered. Only thing that is obviously missing are the parking signs and labeling the pedestals, (!A, 2A, 3A, etc). Tried to charge, but could not.

Sounds like all that they need are final inspections approved and a Quality Control check from the Tesla team charging a Model S at each stall.

Me too! Me too! Since I'm planning a road trip to Lake Wylie, SC. I might leave Sunday, too. I can go through Port Orange, but I'd rather avoid having to go through Orlando if I can. Come on, Ocala.

Stopped by the site this afternoon. The cabinets were open and the crew was working. Parking signs have been installed, pedestals labeled and a test car was charging. The crew said they expected the site to be officially opened by the end of the week. They were unsure if they would be able to leave the equipment powered after they left, but would try. A check at the end of the day indicated power was off.

The site appears complete and only needs the switch thrown to be operational.

10-28-14.jpg

This morning the Tampa Service Center told the the "supercharger guy" had come by to borrow one of their loaners to use for testing the Ocala Supercharger. That's a good sign!
Yes, he told me that he hoped to have it tested yesterday. Keith had offered to use his car to assist in testing, and I passed his offer along. I was told that the Tampa folks had him covered.

It's possible that the Supercharger Station could be operational today.

Larry