Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ogallala, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Off topic, but this post reminds me of my Rock County father -in-laws's favorite joke.

A guy got stopped by a rookie highway patrolman for speeding near Oglala. As he was writing the ticket he realized he didn't know how to spell Oglala, so he asked the driver. The driver refused to help, so the patrolman radioed his sergeant and asked him how to spell Oglala. Sergeant said "Hell, I don't know. Just send him up to Ord and I'll get him." :)

• Funny
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Off topic, but this post reminds me of my Rock County father -in-laws's favorite joke.

A guy got stopped by a rookie highway patrolman for speeding near Oglala. As he was writing the ticket he realized he didn't know how to spell Oglala, so he asked the driver. The driver refused to help, so the patrolman radioed his sergeant and asked him how to spell Oglala. Sergeant said "Hell, I don't know. Just send him up to Ord and I'll get him." :)
You aren't a former highway patrolman, are you? ;)

My dad grew up in Wood River and was graduated from Hastings College in 1940 with a bachelor's degree in history. His first job was teaching at Ord Junior High School in '40-'41. Then the draft came a-knocking, so he lit out for California and finally enlisted in the Navy before the Army conscripted him and never returned to the Cornhusker State. Something about meeting and marrying a Navy nurse from Long Beach via Australia, so I am told, but I was not there at the time.

IMG_7328.PNG
IMG_7327.PNG
Bringing those two Google + photos over to this thread.

We did a quick trip up to Fort Morgan and Brush this morning but couldn't find any evidence of any Supercharger action which would link I-76 to I-80. We thought about heading up to Sterling but wouldn't have had enough charge to make it back. Maybe once Ogallala comes online we'll scope out Sterling.

I received a rather cryptic response from the SC team regarding a charger on I-76 to cover the gap between this charger and Denver:

"
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your email and feedback. We are in the midst of construction for Supercharger Stations along I-76. That being said, there are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website as available."

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
The "supercharger stations" might be a canned reply to someone who emails Tesla wanting to know when [insert highway, like I-76 or I-94] will be under construction.

The respondent just has to paste the highway number into the reply without typing the entire paragraph each time in response to these emails.

If we take the Tesla SC team person at their word -- it would seem that we should be able to see at least some boxed SC's somewhere along I-76, depending on what they mean by "in the midst of construction".

Keep your eyes peeled if you live or travel on that route :)
We went to every hotel and restaurant that we could find in Fort Morgan and Brush last Saturday and didn't spot anything, unfortunately. We did find a new Level 2 charger that we added to PlugShare but no sign of anything Tesla related.

The "supercharger stations" might be a canned reply to someone who emails Tesla wanting to know when [insert highway, like I-76 or I-94] will be under construction.

The respondent just has to paste the highway number into the reply without typing the entire paragraph each time in response to these emails.

That could be the case, but Silverthorne, CO to Ogallala, NE, it's 275 miles and the Denver, CO Supercharger is a _large_ diversion. Somewhere like the Prairie Center Shopping Center, in the northeast of the Denver area, combined with Sterling, CO would break up that distance into safe chunks.