Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Twinsburg, OH

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA

The existing Twinsburg Sheetz gas station is being demolished and rebuilt. With the remodel they are also planning on adding some number of superchargers and universal charging stations (7 total) in the parking areas. Assuming the timeline mentioned in the article holds, it sounds like the Sheetz won't be reopened until the end of the year (5 month project with a start date in July). I wouldn't expect the superchargers to be built until after that point or maybe there will be some coincident work once the Sheetz is close to being finished. So, likely this will be a 2022 supercharger if it stays on track.

What: Tesla is planning to install some number of superchargers at the remodeled Sheetz station right off I-480 in Twinsburg.
Address: 2495 E Aurora Rd, Twinsburg, OH 44087

GPS (guess): 41.311733, -81.449531

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

J569

Apr 3, 2021
North Carolina
Interesting - it's not on the tesla.com/findus map and is only 4 miles east of the existing Macedonia Commons supercharger. Not being familiar with the area...I wonder if the Macedonia supercharger is quite busy? Or perhaps this is an opportunistic addition to take advantage of the Sheetz remodeling.

edseloh

Aug 30, 2018
Oberlin OH
From the mytownneo page linked in the original post:

One major addition behind the building will be the installation of seven supercharging stations for electric vehicles. Balco said Tesla and two other companies are partnering in that effort, and the stations will accommodate all makes of vehicles.
It isn't clear whether there will be separate Supercharger units or just non-Tesla chargers with multiple connectors. I've heard of some chargers supporting the Tesla connector in addition to CCS, but haven't seen one myself.

The Macedonia supercharger station recently underwent repairs / upgrades. It was notorious for having issues with several of the chargers, but hopefully that's been fixed. That station isn't especially busy anyways. My app shows one of the six chargers currently in use. I've never noticed it being more than half full.

J569

Apr 3, 2021
North Carolina

It isn't clear whether there will be separate Supercharger units or just non-Tesla chargers with multiple connectors. I've heard of some chargers supporting the Tesla connector in addition to CCS, but haven't seen one myself.
Yeah EVgo have been adding Tesla connectors to their 50 kW CCS/CHAdeMO stations. They started in California and have added them to locations in Seattle, Dallas, Houston, and the Washington DC area. They are planning on adding Tesla connectors to locations across the country. Other than EVgo, I'm not aware of other companies with combined Tesla/CCS/CHAdeMO stalls.

• Informative
Reactions: edseloh

PCMc

Jul 1, 2016
Columbus, IN

The Macedonia supercharger station recently underwent repairs / upgrades. It was notorious for having issues with several of the chargers, but hopefully that's been fixed. That station isn't especially busy anyways. My app shows one of the six chargers currently in use. I've never noticed it being more than half full.
I've stopped at Macedonia for a couple years (haven't needed to drive that direction), but have used in on multiple times where it was either full or almost full such that with the older V2 design people were being throttled due to paired stalls.

Reactions: edseloh

Erie Electric

Apr 27, 2019
Erie PA
I am all for more Superchargers in the Cleveland area but this seems odd. This site is so close to the Macedonia charger it really does not help the Tesla owners in northern Ohio or people traveling through.

Cleveland needs a SC on the east side (Mentor, Chardon for instance) and Akron needs on badly.

edseloh

Aug 30, 2018
Oberlin OH
I've stopped at Macedonia for a couple years (haven't needed to drive that direction), but have used in on multiple times where it was either full or almost full such that with the older V2 design people were being throttled due to paired stalls.
The upgrades at Macedonia bumped the KW rating to 150. (They used to be 120kw). I don't know whether they have independent feeds for the chargers, but they installed new transformers, so that sounds promising.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC