Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ogallala, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ogallala, NE

Interstates: I-80
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-26, US-30

I-80
To: Lincoln, NE - 278 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Council Bluffs, IA - 333 miles

To: Rapid City, SD (US-26, US-385, SD-79) - 278 miles
To: Murdo, SD (I-80, US-83, NE-92, NE-40, NE-91, NE-7, US-20, US-183, SD-49, I-90) - 369 miles
To: Denver, CO (I-80, I-76, CO-E-470) - 207 miles
To: Goodland, KS (NE-61, US-61, NE-61, KS-161, US-36, KS-27) - 143 miles

Going to have to be 1 more between Lincoln and this one but that should connect most of I-80. Kearney seems to be about in the middle and it's close to the interstate. Would work for me since I have family there.

Edit: guess I should have done some reading before posting but my guess was correct.

Nebraska's first Tesla Supercharger aimed at grocery chain
Nebraska’s first Tesla Supercharger off I-80 in Lincoln is presumed to be the beginning to a series of charging stations that will be installed along the interstate, connecting Lincoln with Kearney, North Platte and Ogallala.

Going to have to be 1 more between Lincoln and this one but that should connect most of I-80. Kearney seems to be about in the middle and it's close to the interstate. Would work for me since I have family there.
Read the link to google +. They list 2 more in construction in the state of NE, both between Lincoln and Ogallala.

Exciting if correct. About to be 3 more orange cones, and then I-80 almost/substantially done!

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Read the link to google +. They list 2 more in construction in the state of NE, both between Lincoln and Ogallala.

Exciting if correct. About to be 3 more orange cones, and then I-80 almost/substantially done!

construction guy said:
Yeah.we are also building one in Grand Island , Nebraska and one in Gothenburg, Nebraska

The distances look good. Then they'd need a couple in the west to connect to Cheyenne, WY and Denver, CO..

From the DOT Signage Alternative Fuel Corridors (Does not mean Superchargers, just EV chargers)

I-80: From Lincoln to Kearney; from Lexington to North Platte; and from Ogallala to NE/WY border.

US 6: Entire length of corridor from intersection of US 6 and Rt. 31(Nebraska Crossing Outlets) in Gretna NE to the intersection of US 6 and I-80 in Council Bluffs IA. (US 6 is 204th Street and then turns into Dodge / West Broadway)

Curious to how the site in Gothenburg fits in to the earlier projected sites for Ne. Gothenburg and Grand Island weren't presented at the meeting in Lincoln. Could they be adding additional sites or are these alternate sites because of some problems related to Kearney and/ or North Platte? Hoping, personally, for the former.

Curious to how the site in Gothenburg fits in to the earlier projected sites for Ne. Gothenburg and Grand Island weren't presented at the meeting in Lincoln. Could they be adding additional sites or are these alternate sites because of some problems related to Kearney and/ or North Platte? Hoping, personally, for the former.
I was wondering that as well. Gothenburg and Grand Island seem to be spaced out better than Lincoln-Kearney-North Platte-Ogallala. I was hoping for Kearney and North Platte but should be able to get by with Ogallala and Gothenburg. Hopefully we'll see additional sites in Kearney and North Platte as well. I know they do have HIE and Ruby Tuesday's in Kearney very close to I-80.

Glad to see things are finally happening in Nebraska!

Reactions: msksus1
I was wondering that as well. Gothenburg and Grand Island seem to be spaced out better than Lincoln-Kearney-North Platte-Ogallala. I was hoping for Kearney and North Platte but should be able to get by with Ogallala and Gothenburg. Hopefully we'll see additional sites in Kearney and North Platte as well. I know they do have HIE and Ruby Tuesday's in Kearney very close to I-80.

Glad to see things are finally happening in Nebraska!
What is HIE? help the ignorant, mainly me.

IMG_1812.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1813.JPG
    IMG_1813.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 56

The distances look good. Then they'd need a couple in the west to connect to Cheyenne, WY and Denver, CO..
Yeah, looks like they could use one in Sidney, NE. Wheatland, WY was also on the map north of Cheyenne but no word on that one yet.

Originally, I thought Sterling, CO would be a good location but based on the documents submitted for Lincoln, it looks like they might be planning on Fort Morgan, CO instead.

just drove by the site in Gothenburg. I can confirm 2 pallets of Tesla Superchargers materials present.

Don't forget to start a new thread for Gothenburg if you haven't already. Thanks!

Last edited: