Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just hit the Oxnard location over the weekend on a trip to Santa Barbara for the day. Very nice location and busy both times.
First time there around 8am there were 3 spots open and on the trip back we decided to stop again instead of Burbank, which is notoriously crappy, and there were 4 spots open around 7pm.

• Helpful
Reactions: Vern Padgett
It appears that as you face the stalls, the one on the furthest right is not working. At least it was not working for me - I tried several times to plug in and kept getting a red light. Moved to a different stall and charged normally.

When I find an issue at the supercharger I call the roadside assistance number. Press the button for superchargers and report the issue, the stall number and letter!

seems like there should be a better way than the 1-800 number. I waited on hold for 30 min and couldn't wait any longer. should be an easier way. maybe Sunday night Tesla has a skeleton crew working phones. I'll try again in the morning.

Odd. The IVR (disembodied voice) after a few minutes should give you the option to accept a callback without losing your place in queue.

Google for the supercharger team email address as an alternative feedback method- although they already know the pedestals are bad.

The more people that call may have something to do with prioritizing which get fixed first, although that's open to debate as well. If I'm a supercharger tech with a list of work for the day, I'm ordering the list/setting the routing to get to as many as possible that day, period.

Tangentially, I resubmitted a feature request at the end of a call to Support today - the feature request was to provide colour-coded relative health status *per pedestal* (red/yellow/green) in the Nav, so that we could at least have the option when there are multiple SC choices *to route around impacted SCs*.

Such as Quartzsite last weekend that was completely hosed for hours at a time due to fluctuating power supply. Had I known that as I left Phoenix, I could have leveraged Buckeye and Indio to avoid Quartzsite completely. Instead, Quartzsite was full (i8 stalls) with as many as 4 cars waiting, and Indio was full due to the cascade effect and Cabazon wasn't much better. For bonus points (second feature request), it would be nice if SC site icons could flash or change colour as well if experiencing similar *site-wide* issues.

Doesn't even have to autoroute around those sites although that would be nice - just at the least give the driver current site/pedestal status info so that we can make real-time decisions instead of getting committed into hours-long delays as is the case now.

Reactions: Tech_Guy
seems like there should be a better way than the 1-800 number. I waited on hold for 30 min and couldn't wait any longer. should be an easier way. maybe Sunday night Tesla has a skeleton crew working phones. I'll try again in the morning.
^^^This.

And it isn't an isolated issue. This has been the norm for at least the last month or so. I assume they are getting bogged down with new Model 3 owners, but it's really making me cringe to think of what it's going to be like if/when they really start making 5-10k Model 3s per week.