Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ineuk9.jpg

Once Payson is finished, that only leaves three sites left for Arizona for future SCs - Downtown Phoenix, Globe, and Kayenta, all targeted for a 2018 completion - nothing on the radar screen after that. I would think Show Low would be the next useful location (other than a 3rd Tucson charger), with support for South and North Rim Grand Canyon Support at Tusayan and Jacob Lake respectively.
But looks like Arizona is 3 SCs away from being built out until 2020.

Great news! My guess is open 1/1/2019.. Also anyone know any updates about the downtown Central x Washington location? Didn’t see if it has its own forum post.
Is that where is supposed to be? I couldn’t find any permits online
I suppose it's possible but I doubt it. I'm guessing @RickArcadia got that address from zooming in on Tesla's map. And Tesla's Find Us map does "show" it at that location, but those "Coming Soon" pins are just in placeholder spots and get placed wherever Google automatically pins a given locality. In this case, Phoenix. If you want to test this for yourself, ask Google maps to give driving directions from some other city to "Phoenix, AZ" and then zoom in on where the Phoenix pin is. Boom, same exact location. Washington and Central. It just means that Tesla plans to put another Supercharger somewhere in Phoenix, not at that exact location. The same is true for all of the Tesla "Coming Soon" pins.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve and tmoz
That central location was wishful thinking I suppose. My wife works down there and there are tons of Teslas in her building's garage. It seems like a logical location since I've heard that Tesla was trying to put more superchargers into urban areas. If any of you online sleuths hear of a permit or location for the new Phx location, please start a thread like this Payson one. Thanks.

Here are the pictures from today. Good progress being made. They appear about ready to pour the footings for the transformers and have the conduits run from the transformer area to the charging stalls. I wasn't able to talk to them today but their equipment had Phoenix tags and id's on it so my guess is they are up here from the valley. Maybe I will get a chance to talk to them tomorrow. At any rate good progress is being made.
20181115_152645.jpg
20181115_152645.jpg
20181115_152600.jpg