Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portland, OR (OPEN Jan 2023, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strangely, the Tesla.com/findus removed the IKA Supercharger location
and put back a future Portland location Opening Q2 2023.

2023 05 03 Portland - Opening Q2 2023 .jpg

But the IKA location is still displayed on the Navigation map.

2023 05 03 Portland Ikea .jpg

Strangely, the Tesla.com/findus removed the IKA Supercharger location
and put back a future Portland location Opening Q2 2023.

View attachment 934133

But the IKA location is still displayed on the Navigation map.

View attachment 934134
The Cedar Hills and one of the two Hood River SC's are also missing from the site but found in the app. This Q2 in 23 location might be the one in Clackamas that just needs a transformer.

I missed that. Maybe they are putting in storage?
A quick google search says this type of boring is usually done for soil analysis. Like you’d do at a gas station to test for leaks from underground tanks. Thats why this is a very odd dig ticket. Maybe it actually is for the EA station and the company got who it’s for all wrong but time will tell.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Can't speak to the "Reduced Service" status, but I've noticed it missing from Tesla.com/findus for a number of weeks/months now (along with the original Hood River location); it might have been delisted at this point longer than it was listed.

EDIT: …and, scrolling upthread, I can see that you have too. 🤓

It would be interesting to see what sort of charging speed you get when the site is full. Is 250 kW still possible?
Sure, if every other car is at a high-enough SoC/[low/high]-enough temperature and/or is of a vintage/configuration that precludes them from requesting anywhere close to 250 kW, then yes – 250 kW is very possible. 🤓 Of course, I'll scarcely be able to verify that – as my Signature Model S peaks at 88 kW under the most optimum conditions, in which it almost never finds itself; my father's 2014 Model S, OTOH – with its brand-new 350 V ~87 kWh battery pack, did easily hit and hold ~117 kW under the same conditions.

I'm curious if the permit listing 1000A is wrong, or if EA will in fact be sharing this transformer.
I find that very notion suspicious, but… stranger things. Regardless, there was no indication of reduced service at the time – when every other car plugged in was a 3/Y, presumably some of which were at least capable of requesting 250 kW (whether or not they were getting it, I couldn't tell you – I didn't poll the audience).

Sounds like you need 16 forum members (or less realistically) with LR MY/3 at 20% SOC or less and plan a meeting to all plug in at the same time.

In theory, there’s only 831kw available. 8 cars should max out at 100kw. Even 4 cars at a very low SoC could max it out at 208kw each.

Last edited: