Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Princeton, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per the "designer" @ Fortis, "the service is energized. Not sure on the Tesla side".

This is a transcribed direct quote from what I received in writing from Fortis
This most likely means that we are only waiting on Tesla to send someone out there to test and activate. They would most likely be coming from Vancouver which is about a 4 hour drive, so who knows when someone will get the chance to go out there. Hopefully a qualified employee will be visiting family in the area for the holidays or something.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
72EC7D7A-5061-4A3F-B69D-26C63694286D.png
We have power! :D

At the Princeton charger now, anybody know if the ones further along (osoyoos through to nakusp) are open yet?

Driving a model Y and it is only charging at 32kW on this supercharger. Not sure if it’s because my battery is so cold but I drove from manning resort this morning, so maybe it’s not fully configured yet.

Attachments

• 355C888E-8C3D-4417-8A86-46507304056E.jpeg
    355C888E-8C3D-4417-8A86-46507304056E.jpeg
    502.3 KB · Views: 62
At the Princeton charger now, anybody know if that ones further along (osoyoos through to nakusp) are open yet?

Driving a model Y and it is only charging at 32kW on this supercharger. Not sure if it’s because my battery is so cold but I drove from manning resort this morning, so maybe it’s not fully configured yet.

Could you post a couple more pics on Plugshare. There is a listing there now although it is just listed as destination chargers. It will probably stay that way until Tesla updates it.

I don't think Osoyoos is even started yet.

Cheers.

At the Princeton charger now, anybody know if the ones further along (osoyoos through to nakusp) are open yet?

Yes, your battery is cold. Pre-heating your battery in weather like this for supercharging makes a huge difference. Night and Day ;)

Luckily in one of the new updates, a little battery icon appears on your mobile app in the top right when you preheat the interior.

A little off topic, but are those 18” aeros on your Y?? Got any more pics?

• Funny
Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Yes, your battery is cold. Pre-heating your battery in weather like this for supercharging makes a huge difference. Night and Day ;)

Luckily in one of the new updates, a little battery icon appears on your mobile app in the top right when you preheat the interior.

preheated this morning for 20+ minutes with the battery icon showing, then drove from Manning park to Princeton. Unfortunately this supercharger isn’t on the in car map so the car didn’t precondition. Oh well!

ya, I put my Model 3 18” aeros on that have Viking contact 7 winter tires. Just picked up the Y and I couldn’t find winter tires for it so I’ll just use these this season.

206Wh/km over 350km on them so far. They are working great. Load rating is low but I don’t have much extra weight in the car.

Attachments

• 212F439A-487A-4355-9098-6844797C0EA1.jpeg
    212F439A-487A-4355-9098-6844797C0EA1.jpeg
    604.2 KB · Views: 63
preheated this morning for 20+ minutes with the battery icon showing, then drove from Manning park to Princeton. Unfortunately this supercharger isn’t on the in car map so the car didn’t precondition. Oh well!

ya, I put my Model 3 18” aeros on that have Viking contact 7 winter tires. Just picked up the Y and I couldn’t find winter tires for it so I’ll just use these this season.

206Wh/km over 350km on them so far. They are working great. Load rating is low but I don’t have much extra weight in the car.

Yeah, I've done the same thing when charging at brand new chargers. And the car doesn't know it's online, so it doesn't pre-heat the battery yet.

That's why it's best to put a charger location even if you know the way so the car can not prepare itself for charging instead of conserving energy for range. Could even put a charger like BC Hydro station, so it still pre-heats for it.

206Wh/km is impressive! I'm getting around 350Wh/km just driving around town in 0°C temperatures and speeds below 80km/h. Also, it's so cold some mornings in which the car doesn't have any regenerative braking, for 15-20 minutes, yikes.

Attachments

• 57C53E8B-F170-4591-9493-D3B25B880C1C.jpeg
    57C53E8B-F170-4591-9493-D3B25B880C1C.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 85BC681B-2299-49FE-8DB3-73A476DFCEA0.jpeg
    85BC681B-2299-49FE-8DB3-73A476DFCEA0.jpeg
    671 KB · Views: 70

You can cheat by picking the next closest SuperCharger.
It should start pre-conditioning unless you are too far away.
If I'm running a little low, I don't target the next SuperCharger until I'm close enough to conserve energy to get there and if it's not too cold.
If it's hot outside, I don't think it pre-conditions the battery.

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
They're definitely v3. I believe he was referring to the ventilation grills on the cabinets. You are probably looking at the pedestals.

That’s exactly what happened. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think the new west Kelowna Supercharger is also a V3 then as the pedestals look the same.

Now bring on Osoyoos. Any rumours?

They show a coming soon for Vernon where we are. Not important for us but it is the intersection of three main highways so strategically could be important.

Reactions: 3'sterly