Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Princeton, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here they are in Princeton! My contact spoke to the mayor and he figured they should be open in October. Will update if I learn more.

Attachments

• Tesla3.jpg
    Tesla3.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Tesla2.jpeg
    Tesla2.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Tesla1 Princeton.jpeg
    Tesla1 Princeton.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 90
It looks like @MontrealTesla might be on to something. Tesla might be adding more chargers to existing SC locations on #1 HWY. I heard that Golden will be getting more chargers at the near the FASGAS on the HWY. Which is great, because lately Golden has been a busy. Kelowna might be another one of those locations

It looks like @MontrealTesla might be on to something. Tesla might be adding more chargers to existing SC locations on #1 HWY. I heard that Golden will be getting more chargers at the near the FASGAS on the HWY. Which is great, because lately Golden has been a busy. Kelowna might be another one of those locations
AFAIK, Tesla is building 4 locations in BC this year: Kamloops, Princeton, Castlegar and Kelowna, which is why I’m thinking one of the last two will start soon and the other follows.

As for Golden, I haven’t heard of an expansion yet, but hopefully it goes through

Reactions: X-Men
AFAIK, Tesla is building 4 locations in BC this year: Kamloops, Princeton, Castlegar and Kelowna, which is why I’m thinking one of the last two will start soon and the other follows.

As for Golden, I haven’t heard of an expansion yet, but hopefully it goes through

Just to help with the confusion, is the Kelowna construction an addition to the existing, or a new station? Most of us hadn't heard of aynthing.

Where is the info coming from that there will be extra superchargers/supercharging installed in Kelowna and Kamloops as opposed to servicing some of the new areas eg Grand Forks, Osoyoos, Cranbrook? Princeton is great but not much help without Osoyoos or Grand Forks.

Also I believe that Osoyoos location is described on the permit referred to in the thread about Osoyoos. It is a parking lot just off of Hwy 3 near all the downtown attractions. It is a really good spot for a supercharger. I have passed by twice this month and haven't noticed activity though it was very late at night both times

• Informative
Reactions: 3'sterly
No, Osoyoos doesn't have a known location yet does it?

Osoyoos was confusing because it got a huge amount of press when it was revealed. Tesla supercharger stations coming to Osoyoos

The misleading picture and fact that news sources discussed an "ideal" location lead many to believe it was imminent.

Not sure about Kelowna, but Kamploops was already expanded from 4 to 6 stalls:

Supercharger Expansion - Kamloops

It's crazy they build Supercharging stations that small. The Kelowna location has 8 stalls so it shouldn't be in such desperate need of expansion.

It's crazy they build Supercharging stations that small. The Kelowna location has 8 stalls so it shouldn't be in such desperate need of expansion.

It's a bit of a different equation if they are building V3. 4-6 is fine in smaller areas. I'd rather have more sites than big concentrated ones with 20+ chargers. You can always see how full they are in the Nav.

Osoyoos was confusing because it got a huge amount of press when it was revealed. Tesla supercharger stations coming to Osoyoos

The misleading picture and fact that news sources discussed an "ideal" location lead many to believe it was imminent.

It wasn't that crazy in 2014.

I believe the contractor who's working on the BC SCs is the same as the one who did SK chargers last year. In which case, they do have a different crew who works on initial digging/concrete part and then there is an electrical crew who does the installation of the charging units. So it is likely that the first they are digging up someplace in BC, while waiting for Golden to be completed. If we have more people closer to Kelowna, Castlegear who could check on this?
@MontrealTesla do you know the location where the new Kelowna chargers are going?

I think he meant Kelowna

I've been to and stayed at the Kelowna SuperCharger (behind Best Western Plus).
Current Taxi (taxi company) does take up several spots a lot.
But then if you've been to Kelowna during traffic... yes there is traffic and slowgoing...
And for those who don't know, West Kelowna is it's own municipality.
I would guess they'd be putting a SuperCharger in West Kelowna, maybe the West Bank area going east.
The Kelowna SuperCharger is on the westbound side.
There have been times where I've run a little low on range and got stuck in traffic trying to get across the bridge from West Kelowna to Kelowna.
So a SuperCharger in West Bank or West Kelowna before you hit traffic would be perfect!

Vernon is a junction of 3 major highways. A small 4 handle V3 would lighten demand in Kelowna as well.

Osoyoos can’t come soon enough for us. Covid shut the border down this year. But Osoyoos is the last Canadian stop before the border crossing and a long stretch south.

I've been to and stayed at the Kelowna SuperCharger (behind Best Western Plus).
Current Taxi (taxi company) does take up several spots a lot.
But then if you've been to Kelowna during traffic... yes there is traffic and slowgoing...
And for those who don't know, West Kelowna is it's own municipality.
I would guess they'd be putting a SuperCharger in West Kelowna, maybe the West Bank area going east.
The Kelowna SuperCharger is on the westbound side.
There have been times where I've run a little low on range and got stuck in traffic trying to get across the bridge from West Kelowna to Kelowna.
So a SuperCharger in West Bank or West Kelowna before you hit traffic would be perfect!

I couldn’t agree more! I think west bank would be the most wise as it’s at a major highway junction.

someone going to Penticton would normally have to go out of their way into Kelowna for a top up. Unless they want to gamble that the 1DC fast (slow) charger in Penticton isn’t in use.

it would just make the most sense for making the loop complete along with Osoyoos and Princeton.

A station in Penticton wouldn’t hurt either.

I feel like there is enough tourism in the area that if they placed several smaller supercharger lots around, they would be well used. Even in winter with all the ski resorts around.

As someone who lives in Kelowna, I can tell you there is a need for another SC location. I completely agree with @wdelacruz that a SC on the Westside would be fantastic. The only issue I can see with the Westside is again traffic. Although the location would hopefully be better than the one in Kelowna. Behind the Best Western in a tight little spot.
Every time I have passed the Kelowna SC Current Taxi is there charging up, and there is a constant flow of cars in and out. So hopefully they can find a good spot and add another location.
Also, a service centre would be fantastic...although that is for another thread.

Reactions: Ol'Blue