Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was charing that fast because it was listening to Celine Dion Radio and a Josh Groban song.

I kid I kid!

Used this SC today after golf after forgetting to plug in last night. Funny enough there was a guy sleeping in his car while I was there.
I actually have a setting for "Nap" in my car. Puts the seat as close to horizontal as possible. Have used it to great effect on solo road trips.:smile:

This is the Supercharger I use when I head on multi day trips to see my dad in his nursing home than my mom about 8 miles before the Cabazon charger. And yeah, when I forget to charge.

Was busy on Dec 23rd. There were spots available when I got there but none when I left 45 mins later. There was no wait.

Packed on Dec 26th. I was going to charge, but, calculated I could make it home without doing so. I parked near my brethren and went to the Apple store to pick up an order.

Each time there was a security guard hovering around the SC. I asked on the 26th and they said that on busy days they leave a guard there to watch the cars as well as make sure no one is ICEing the spots.

Nice! Thank you Victoria Gardens.

This is the Supercharger I use when I head on multi day trips to see my dad in his nursing home than my mom about 8 miles before the Cabazon charger. And yeah, when I forget to charge.

Was busy on Dec 23rd. There were spots available when I got there but none when I left 45 mins later. There was no wait.

Packed on Dec 26th. I was going to charge, but, calculated I could make it home without doing so. I parked near my brethren and went to the Apple store to pick up an order.

Each time there was a security guard hovering around the SC. I asked on the 26th and they said that on busy days they leave a guard there to watch the cars as well as make sure no one is ICEing the spots.

Nice! Thank you Victoria Gardens.

Wow, starting to see full usage at a 12-Stall Supercharger Site! The may be a first, and shows a lot of traffic.

See Capacity of Superchargers Using an Erlang-B Model A 12-Stall Site has almost 2x the capacity of an 8-Stall Site and almost 6x the capacity of a 4-Stall Site before see full usage.

Wow, starting to see full usage at a 12-Stall Supercharger Site! The may be a first, and shows a lot of traffic.

See Capacity of Superchargers Using an Erlang-B Model A 12-Stall Site has almost 2x the capacity of an 8-Stall Site and almost 6x the capacity of a 4-Stall Site before see full usage.

My hope / guess is this was holiday travelers. Usually during the week this place is pretty empty. I park next to the SC even when my car does not need a charge. That way my car can hang out with some buddies. :)

I park next to the SC even when my car does not need a charge. That way my car can hang out with some buddies. :)
Have you ever returned to your car and found the charge port unexpectedly open? :confused: (I've parked across the aisle from a row of superchargers and noticed that my charge port popped open when someone pressed the handle to plug or unplug their car.)

Have you ever returned to your car and found the charge port unexpectedly open? :confused: (I've parked across the aisle from a row of superchargers and noticed that my charge port popped open when someone pressed the handle to plug or unplug their car.)

Yup, that'll happen if you park within a few spaces of a Supercharger. Anybody who presses the button on a SC handle pops open every nearby Tesla's charge port!

Take a big ol' roll of duct tape with you, and tape your charge port shut! Problem solved. ;)

Ok... Just a note of something that I noticed last Saturday when I had to stop off at Rancho Cucamonga to Supercharge.

IMG_20160409_192745 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

perhaps a sign of some possible challenges to having the 2 J1772 so close to the Supercharger stalls.

To the i3's defense, both J1772 stalls were taken and he WAS charging with one of the long cords. I didn't see all SCs being full for one second while I was there, but kinda bad.

Additionally, the White Model X was there for about an hour and a half. (I swung by to check stalls) went to dinner and charged for 30 mintues after... Same Model X (P90D, no L) Vin in the 1400s... Probably a n00b who doesn't understand that you charge, then move and is probably at the movies.

Arrived here at 8:45 pm, 4 cars present. Had 30%soc, drew up to 160kw. 100% in < 60 min.

160kW?

WOW!

Need pics for proof
PHOTO_6283523_75233_8843378_ap__article_portrait.jpg

Reactions: rfmurphy81
It started at 125, and jumped up to 160 for a good while. If i knew this would be a big deal, i would've snapped a pic. If there is a way to go easily view a log, i would do that for you all.

I'm pretty sure i saw what i saw. Maybe I'm wrong. Too bad i won't be re-visiting this sc anytime soon.