Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ritzville, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction in Moses Lake and Spokane presents both good news and bad news. The good news is Ritzville won't be so vital once they are completed. The bad news is it makes me think they were either unwilling or unable to expand the Ritzville location. Spokane probably gets a supercharger regardless, but the addition of Moses Lake makes me think they are moving on from Ritzville.

Nav still shows reduced service. What ever it is, it’s taking a long time on a very critical location. Perhaps, there’s cord damage and a nation-wide shortage. This is likely a required stop for me, though I might be able to get to Coeur d’Alene by driving slower. Tesla really needs to upgrade this site to eight to twelve V3 stalls, as well as Ellensburg.

I just can't believe they have this much of a manufacturing issue. So much is made in house I wouldn't think they would have this big of a problem getting raw material to build out more units. Tesla must really be on a "just in time" style of manufacturing/supply chain.

They probably need to poach someone from Apple's supply chain and put them in charge, Apply is expert at this stuff...

I just can't believe they have this much of a manufacturing issue. So much is made in house I wouldn't think they would have this big of a problem getting raw material to build out more units. Tesla must really be on a "just in time" style of manufacturing/supply chain.

They probably need to poach someone from Apple's supply chain and put them in charge, Apply is expert at this stuff...
It's "lean" manufacturing gone horribly wrong!

9A867AA6-E2F9-45CA-992E-CF27551E32D9.png

Stall 1A in Ritzville charging at 130 kW today even though navi still said closed/reduced service. App didn’t reflect I was occupying a stall, either.

So I skipped it today encountered from SEATTLE to Spokane based on the Tesla information that it was out of service. Bad weather required me to to drive 55-60 in a 70 with no heat to make Spokane with 4%.

For the return trip, I’ll try it, but does anyone have current info? Thanks!

So I skipped it today encountered from SEATTLE to Spokane based on the Tesla information that it was out of service. Bad weather required me to to drive 55-60 in a 70 with no heat to make Spokane with 4%.

For the return trip, I’ll try it, but does anyone have current info? Thanks!

Ya, plug into 2A and/or B, we’ve got a couple data points that stall 1 seems to be working (at least periodically) at full capacity... but no one has tested stall 2, lol

Ya, plug into 2A and/or B, we’ve got a couple data points that stall 1 seems to be working (at least periodically) at full capacity... but no one has tested stall 2, lol
Thanks, IdaX, Acarney, and Ladiesbff!
Should be a lot less stressful, and warmer, trip back!

Wouldn’t need it if the weather wasn’t so bad, but low temp, lights, wipers, heater and speed take their toll.

I was there yesterday, 9/29, at 6:20am and could not get any of the 4 to charge! It would begin and then go back to zero. I tried every stall and no others came while I was there so not sure how it went for anyone else. Made for a slow trip to Spokane to conserve and a long day of charging at a third party charger.
Not sure exactly what the behavior was, but in a pinch, you can get such a supercharger to charge your car. You just have to keep initiating the charge over and over again (should be able to do this from the app or the Nav). There's a big difference between this and a supercharger that provides absolutely zero power. I once got enough charge this way in Midland, TX to make it to the next supercharger. It wasn't fun and it took a while, but way better than being stranded.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and ReddyLeaf
Not sure exactly what the behavior was, but in a pinch, you can get such a supercharger to charge your car. You just have to keep initiating the charge over and over again (should be able to do this from the app or the Nav). There's a big difference between this and a supercharger that provides absolutely zero power. I once got enough charge this way in Midland, TX to make it to the next supercharger. It wasn't fun and it took a while, but way better than being stranded.

I wonder how bad for the battery that is...