Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rochester, WA (LIVE 11 Dec 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw someone ask about it on one of the FB groups, figured id ask here.
Any one know if they are installing a SC at or by the Arby's in Grand Mound? That would make it just south of Great Wolf Lodge.
Can you ask them to post pictures of why they think there is a new one being installed? There is an existing one down the street from Arby’s. Maybe they are confused by an existing one?

There was a recent Wi-Fi upgrade there but no signs of any building permits or dig tickets.

I am attaching this information on construction of a supercharger in Rochester, WA, to this thread.
Yarder

On anther thread (somewhere), you stated you talked to a person working on the Ocean Shores supercharger who said he was “headed over to start work at the Arby’s in Rochester.”

Here is the proof. The is the Northeast corner of the parking lot of the End of the Trail gas station.

The construction fencing has been installed behind the building, away from the gas pumps and away from the Arby’s drive through lane.

I spoke with the folks behind the desk at the gas station and they confirmed this was to be a 12 pedestal Telsa supercharger.

Schedule is to be determined.

I found two different addresses for the gas station:

End of the Trail

19615 Elderberry Street SW

Rochester, WA 98579.

I am also seeing an address of:

6241 196th Avenue SW

Rochester, WA 98579

The location is less that a half a mile from exit 88 off of I-5.

The gas station is open from 5 AM to 12 PM.

There is an Arby’s, a Burger King and a Dutch Brothers in the parking lot.

Is this enough to get a construction marker on supercharge.info?

Attachments

• NewCharger1.jpg
    NewCharger1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 268
  • NewCharger2.jpg
    NewCharger2.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 131
  • NewCharger3.jpg
    NewCharger3.jpg
    863.4 KB · Views: 124
Saw someone ask about it on one of the FB groups, figured id ask here.
Any one know if they are installing a SC at or by the Arby's in Grand Mound? That would make it just south of Great Wolf Lodge.
To clear up confusion, the pictures recently posted are of the Arby’s north of Greast Wolf with an address technically in Rochester but right at the I5/12 interchange. The Arby’s south of Great Wolf is Centralia where there is an existing site just down the street.

Construction is underway at this site. While the address is Rochester, the site is located in unincorporated Grand Mound. I stopped and talked to the gentleman who was running the equipment. He told me he had come to this site from the Ocean Shores project. He said this was a planned eight week project to install a twelve pedestal Tesla supercharger. This is going into the Northeast corner of the parking lot at the End of the Trial IV gas station.

Attachments

• NewCharger4.jpg
    NewCharger4.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 124
Based on prior discussion, this was not enough for listing construction here. No electric permit, not dig ticket and no Tesla equipment on site. The fact that they are actively digging with no marking is a little disconcerting compared to how Blackstone handles things.

(I could not find a dig ticket for the Oceans Shores site so this seems par for the course for this company)

Last edited:
Despite the fact that none of the traditional indicators are present, construction continues on this facility.
I spoke with the construction crew yesterday.
The contractor is Tapps Electric, which is located in Sumner. They are indeed part of the crew who worked on the Ocean Shores job.
They repeated the eight week timeline to get their part of the job done.
The hole in the ground gets bigger day by day.

Attachments

• NewCharger5.jpg
    NewCharger5.jpg
    892.3 KB · Views: 106
O
Despite the fact that none of the traditional indicators are present, construction continues on this facility.
I spoke with the construction crew yesterday.
The contractor is Tapps Electric, which is located in Sumner. They are indeed part of the crew who worked on the Ocean Shores job.
They repeated the eight week timeline to get their part of the job done.
The hole in the ground gets bigger day by day.
Ocean Shores is sitting incomplete because fees haven't been paid by the electricians so they can't have their work inspected. Doesn't exactly bode well for this site if that's how they roll...Especially digging without requesting other utilities be marked first.

These images were taken this afternoon. Construction continues on the facility. I spoke with a worker (the foreman?) who told me that they "had passed an electrical inspection the day before so we are covering the lines up". I have a call in to the Chehalis tribe seeking some insight into the backstory of the facility.

Attachments

• NewCharger6.jpg
    NewCharger6.jpg
    980.9 KB · Views: 78
  • NewCharger7.jpg
    NewCharger7.jpg
    921 KB · Views: 81
These images were taken this afternoon. Construction continues on the facility. I spoke with a worker (the foreman?) who told me that they "had passed an electrical inspection the day before so we are covering the lines up". I have a call in to the Chehalis tribe seeking some insight into the backstory of the facility.
Is this on tribal land? That would explain the lack of dog tickets and permits although there is an electrical permit for hvac at the convenience Store recently. Looks like Tesla conduit formation but still no Tesla specific equipment in sight.

“I have a call in to the Chehalis tribe seeking some insight into the backstory of the facility.”

The Chehalis tribal website lists the End of the Trail IV convenience store as a “Chehalis Tribal Enterprise” so, Yes, I am 99% sure this is tribal property. However, it is not in the confines of the traditional Chehalis tribal reservation. Tribal land can be a “Reservation,” “Land held in Trust,” or “Trust Lands.” Each piece of property can serve a different function.

I will have a more definitive answer after I speak with the tribe.

Last edited:
All twelve pedestals are installed. It appears the Tesla power and switch gear equipment is in place. I see a pad where the transformer could go. The asphalt work appears complete but there is no lane striping or wheel stops. There are seven pedestals running east and west along 196th street and five pedestals running north and south along Elderberry street. All back in stations.

Attachments

• NewCharger10.jpg
    NewCharger10.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 50
  • NewCharger11.jpg
    NewCharger11.jpg
    689.9 KB · Views: 53
  • NewCharger12.jpg
    NewCharger12.jpg
    792 KB · Views: 53
  • NewCharger13.jpg
    NewCharger13.jpg