Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockaway NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DeepBlue3 said:
Other idea might be to keep some locations quiet to make the competition underestimate the network expansion.

That's an interesting take. That could very well be the case. Or Tesla is banking on a major future announcement of cumulative stations that could create mind-blown positive media coverage.

As of right now, the only direct competition with a "Supercharger" like station in mass is VW's Electrify America. Why would Tesla detail their future plans to give VW a path forward...

That's an interesting take. That could very well be the case. Or Tesla is banking on a major future announcement of cumulative stations that could create mind-blown positive media coverage.

As of right now, the only direct competition with a "Supercharger" like station in mass is VW's Electrify America. Why would Tesla detail their future plans to give VW a path forward...

Yup and for example, there is a VW charger under contruction at the Promenade in Bridgewater area so a turf war isn't out of the question.

It could be a replacement of the Roxbury SC that seems stalled out. No movement in over a year on the quick chek project where it was supposed to go.

I'm hoping it is not, and it is in addition to Roxbury, but won't know until this one goes live on the Tesla map.

I have to correct myself:

http://www.roxburynj.us/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_01222019-519

It looks like quick chek got their sewer permit.

2019-046 51 A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE ENDORSEMENT OF A TREATMENT WORKS APPROVAL PERMIT APPLICATION FOR THE SANITARY SEWER IMPROVEMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH QUICK CHEK CORPORATION LOCATED AT 84 ROUTE 206, FLANDERS, BLOCK 9202, LOTS 8 AND 9

Now, Tesla pulled their application to locate a SC at that location back in mid 2018, so I still don't know if they gave up or will re-apply once QC gets rolling.