Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockaway NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 1020D1F2-C096-4F48-997E-8AC7FB430B5F.jpeg
    1020D1F2-C096-4F48-997E-8AC7FB430B5F.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 67F1606B-5BBE-4250-9A05-651B67AF0355.jpeg
    67F1606B-5BBE-4250-9A05-651B67AF0355.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 95
I just went to Rockaway supercharger, it’s down !!! The last charging was available so I plugged in and it’s actually hard. The security guard told me that it’s not working properly so I disconnected, my car is in a less glitch but after resetting it it is fine.... arghhhh

I went to long island last night, Mastic beach. I stopped by the Islandia superchager for a top off as I left NJ with only 40%. I got 115kw on my S and >400mph before taper. I've never seen that at a supercharger in NJ. I have seen it in other places like Florida and North Carolina. I wonder if the NJ superchargers are dialed back due to local utility issues?

I just went to Rockaway supercharger, it’s down !!! The last charging was available so I plugged in and it’s actually hard. The security guard told me that it’s not working properly so I disconnected, my car is in a less glitch but after resetting it it is fine.... arghhhh

Someone in plugshare said they called the town and the town said they had shut it off and blocked it because it was "noncompliant." I wish there were more details as to what was actually the issue. But it looks like the town shut it off.

Reactions: Michael Brown
Someone in plugshare said they called the town and the town said they had shut it off and blocked it because it was "noncompliant." I wish there were more details as to what was actually the issue. But it looks like the town shut it off.
That is correct. On Tuesday around 1130 I attempted to charge and a rep from Rockaway Township stated that the chargers were outside of compliance and that tesla had been notified. He estimated later this week or sometime week as if when they’ll return to open status

Confirmed (relevant details in second paragraph): So, I was thinking about charging in Parsippany to have a little more juice when staying in Manhattan (where there’s no 24 hour free access to Superchargers (I don’t really know if there any really great 24/7 accessible relatively fast chargers that are free); if I’m staying there long enough I drive in and out of the Brooklyn Museum parking which has 15 minutes free parking, charging 13 minutes at a time to avoid parking fees and tolls Until I have approx. 120-200+ miles). But I wanted to check the reviews for Rockawat here and decided to check for everyone (and join the group to be able to report back:):

In a 2016 Model X 75D starting with 64 miles and with the temperature outside of 50°F I achieved a peak of 290 miles an hour @90kw (no one immediately near me but there were one or two people here and there at various times throughout the stalls). Everything here seems to be going swimmingly:)

Confirmed (relevant details in second paragraph): So, I was thinking about charging in Parsippany to have a little more juice when staying in Manhattan (where there’s no 24 hour free access to Superchargers (I don’t really know if there any really great 24/7 accessible relatively fast chargers that are free); if I’m staying there long enough I drive in and out of the Brooklyn Museum parking which has 15 minutes free parking, charging 13 minutes at a time to avoid parking fees and tolls Until I have approx. 120-200+ miles). But I wanted to check the reviews for Rockawat here and decided to check for everyone (and join the group to be able to report back:):

In a 2016 Model X 75D starting with 64 miles and with the temperature outside of 50°F I achieved a peak of 290 miles an hour @90kw (no one immediately near me but there were one or two people here and there at various times throughout the stalls). Everything here seems to be going swimmingly:)

JFK is always an option if you don't want to pay tolls to cross the Hudson. I usually charge there on my way back from the caribbean grocery stores in Queens, when I go shopping.

This supercharger location has a huge potential for spots getting ICEd due to its proximity to the movie theater, especially on weekend evenings. I'm cheering currently, and 9 out of 12 spots are currently occupied by non-Teslas by folks who are presumably at a movie. Keep that in mind if you're planning a road trip and will be in serious need of a charge.

Attachments

• 1556237817288365854945693556034.jpg
    1556237817288365854945693556034.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Informative
Reactions: GreenMachina
New location under construction that will be much better for 287 travelers than Rockaway or Parsippany: Supercharger - Boonton, NJ

No one local has gone by yet. So, we don't know how many stalls or where exactly it is in the ACME parking lot. If anyone in the area has a bit of free time and could stop by to check things out and report back in the linked thread, that would be a big help. Thanks!