Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rocklin, CA (Tesla Service Center, 18 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I have tried to clarify multiple times as people keep asking, yet they keep thinking I don't know how this works. I understand it completely. I have been involved in the past to work with installation of superchargers as a consultant. I totally understand the process. Been using these locations for 4 years. I am telling you for certain that this location limited the car to 80% without the ability to bypass it in the normal way. The next stop at the top of the hill, I had no issue going to 90%

So I actually agree, it does not make any sense. This was the ONLY time I had an issue at this location. No need to try another stall as another person in an "S" was having the issue. When I saw it happening, I went around to ask other drivers and there was another person also being limited. I went to their car to attempt to reset the limit and was not accepted.

Next trip out to the factory I plan to ask about that issue. Just because it hasn't happened to you yet, it doesn't mean the issue was with our cars. :) Somehow a couple of folks here just don't believe it. As I said, in the past, I have always been able to set the limit above 80% after the SC initially sets it to 80%. I make this trip twice a month down to the Fremont plant, so it was a surprise when it happened. User error, sure, right. I've said enough. Some people just don't think others know what they are talking about. ;)
Oh, I can believe easily enough that you genuinely tried to get the limit to change. And if another person was having a problem and you couldn't get it to work on their car either, then it seems likely there was something wrong and that it wasn't simply your car. But as I've never heard of such a thing before, and you didn't find out anything about the cause, I think it's most likely to have been a random glitch, unlikely to be repeated.

• Helpful
Reactions: T-Mom and KrenGrl
Agree with all this. I strongly suspect user error since this is the one and only time I have heard of someone not being able to override it.
rather than clicking disagree and have you wonder why, i tell you. i had same thing happen one time last year at a location in san jose ca. happened just once and no matter how i tried to bypass it by manual reset above 80, charging would not go higher and stop. i thought maybe a billing issue, but not it. unplug, move to other stall, same. manual change slider higher in car, charger ignored it and stopped. i went to another location and no problem manually bypassing to higher charge when after it tried to limit me. so now u hear 2 persons saying can not override.

wait i must be user error too cos even although i am a scientist, i must not know what i am talking about will cars since i am a woman ;-)

wait i must be user error too cos even although i am a scientist, i must not know what i am talking about will cars since i am a woman ;-)
Now, now... no one said any of that stuff. It definitely sounds more like a legit issue with multiple people reporting the same problem. But you can't blame many of us in the peanut gallery for not believing one person reporting a problem that none of us had ever heard about with no video evidence, especially when it's an easily misunderstood system as implemented by Tesla (I have seen multiple posts from people who simply don't realize they can override the 80% limit). That's just proper use of Occam's Razor.

Reactions: Bet TSLA and mspohr
Rocklin is not showing on map. SC is using it for storing, most spots are filled with cars not even plugged in. I am using it because it is the only charger that works with a trailer. Unfortunately only getting 85kw. This one used to be 150 or 225. Chief twitt clearly does not understand that charging stations must support cars with trailers and hitch mount bike racks. This is going to be a massive issue next year when/if cyber trucks start rolling out and F-150 start using super chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: mspohr