Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rolling Meadows, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had to charge here a couple times the last few weeks due to my driveway being replaced. Both times I've come in with about 40%, last time I used the navigate with battery warming. Both times I didn't go over 40KW on two separate stalls. A few days before I was in Peru, IL and got 150KW. Is anyone else experiencing issues here?

Reactions: Hilbe
I've had to charge here a couple times the last few weeks due to my driveway being replaced. Both times I've come in with about 40%, last time I used the navigate with battery warming. Both times I didn't go over 40KW on two separate stalls. A few days before I was in Peru, IL and got 150KW. Is anyone else experiencing issues here?

Anyone on the same # as you? (aka car in 1A and 1B is you)

Sometimes the supercharger needs service. If I don’t get full speed I unplug and move down a few stalls.

Just charged here today and wanted to share something.

Be on the lookout for a white male probably in his mid 40s driving a tan Honda Accord. My wife and I pulled into a stall 2A I think and he came flying into the lot nearly hit our car and proceeded to park at a stall two over from us. We got out and plugged the car in and started walking for the grocery store. While going to the bathroom I get a notification of the charge being interrupted and return to find him walking around my car. As I return he quickly gets back in his car and parks in the super charger right against my passenger side and sits in his car starting at me smoking a cigarette.

Another Tesla then parks in the in the grocery store lot (not supercharger) and he then pulls out droves over a curb and landscaping then starts making doughnuts around the other Tesla in the lot. He then proceeded to make slow passes of the super charger until we left. Probably should have recorded it but he didn’t do anything I though the police would do anything about. He didn’t cause any damage or say a word but it was definitely the most bizarre behavior I wanted to ask him why he was doing any of this so badly but wasn’t going to escalate the situation with my wife around if I could avoid it.
We have to get these people recorded on sentry mode - I have no idea why there is a anti-Tesla american sentiment but it does exist.

We can publicly shame these (potential) offenders in submission with enough videos made public.

Those 2 ‘Mericans in Sacramento will soon be exposed and learn about loss.

0921191504a_HDR.jpg
I drove by today and saw they are digging near the new supercharger location. Perhaps they are running some new electrical infrastructure for the superchargers.

4 new ChargePoint chargers at the Meijer in Rolling Meadows, which seem to have just been installed.
Photo from PlugShare

Attachments

• 2AB81B6B-B1C5-4183-B47F-37D7921C662D.jpeg
    2AB81B6B-B1C5-4183-B47F-37D7921C662D.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Informative
Reactions: Acps110
My wife charged here last night with our Model 3 SR+, I'm guessing she had a cold battery after a short 15 - 20 min drive after 3-4 hours of being parked in 20*F temps. No change from the Jan 14, 2020 photos on new builds. Anyone know a way to see battery temp via Teslafi or other apps? Or am I limited to using scan my tesla with odbii bluetooth with adapter? Her charge time to go from 25% to 90% was around 48min vs the estimated 35min. Attaching a graph showing charge rate vs battery % obtained from Teslafi.

Attachments

• rolling_meadows.JPG
    rolling_meadows.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 73