Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Camino Del Sur (Black Mountain Ranch area, LIVE 11 Jan 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some weird charging behavior here over the weekend. Pulled into a spot on Saturday and was warned by the driver the next spot over that the last person there in my spot couldn't charge using it, but I had no problems during my short charge. Stopped by later for a longer charge in a different spot and about 20 minutes into my charge, a Model S pulled into the empty spot next to mine and every time they plugged in both my car and their car aborted charging. After about 3 times they pulled into a different spot and we both charged without issues.

Anybody else experienced anything like this at this SC?

Yes i have experienced the same problem. I have been there late in the evening on both Friday and Saturday last 2 weekends and my car has stopped charging for no reason. I received a push notification that the power was interrupted, went back and re-plugged in and was fine, but i was charging at a much slower rate.

I have complained to Tesla about this since it happened two weeks in a row, but I don't think anything has happened to make it better.

Reactions: ParadigmGuy
I received a push notification that the power was interrupted, went back and re-plugged in and was fine, but i was charging at a much slower rate.
Better than my experience. The one time I got a message that supercharging had been interrupted, I went out to discover that a pickup truck had veered off the freeway, hit the electronics cabinet I was using that was directly behind my car, and threw it maybe 20 feet. Somehow my car was untouched. The fireman at the scene thought it was very funny that I got a message about lost power. The charging cord was still plugged into my car, but there was nothing on the other end.

This was at the Oxnard site, which is right up against the 101 freeway. Turns out it had happened once before.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the largest backup anyone has seen here? I was there on Friday around 2PM, 8 cars waiting at one point and I saw maybe 4 cars do a drive-by and not get in line. 1 of the 12 stalls was inoperative. About an hour later there were probably 4 empty stalls.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jowaldo
In a different discussion someone mentioned you can manually adjust the limit to higher than 80%. Are you saying that you could not adjust it higher?
Yeah I ran into one of these today (Riviera Beach, FL) and I could manually adjust the slider, so I think it's an easy override for now. Presumably they will start actually enforcing it eventually and now they are kind of giving us a warning/trial period. However, I hope when they do enforce it, they use some better logic and programming. At Riviera Beach I was alone at an 8 stall supercharger at 3am so it would be totally ridiculous to enforce it under those conditions.

Anyone know what the status of this charging station is right now? It says reduced capability on the app. But I'm not sure if that means that it charges slow, has fewer stations due to maintenance, or doesn't actually work at all.
I was there Monday night. One charger max output was a sporadic 30 kw. Another had a broken handle so totally useless. I finally found one that worked right. The whole time the most in use was about 4-5 chargers and after midnight I was the only one still there -- yet the whole time the status showed 4/12 available. The site needs work.