Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Friars Road (Mission Valley, LIVE 31 Jan 2019, 24 Urban + 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photo from Superchargers. Workers pressure washing to clean up the area
184C70B0-8B6A-4926-BE1E-57C99FBAC011.png
507D054A-8D7C-47A0-8862-BC20FAB5D3B4.png

That's awesome news! This is going to be my most frequently used supercharger since I live a few miles away. I'm worried though that these spots are going to be frequently ICEd and that Tesla owners will linger longer than needed due to shopping at the mall. I hope for the ICE situation that mall management is onboard with towing all offenders.

As long as the inspection passes, typically hours. Tesla does not sit around letting a fully functional supercharger sit doing nothing for no reason.
...or weeks. At Qualcomm, there were at least 7 weeks between when the super chargers appeared the same way they do here, and when the thing was actually online. Electrical inspection must pass, *then* transformer must be installed by SDGE (which can happen in a day). Also don't forget about proper handicap access and other stall-striping issues, which greatly hampered QC. Strap in, get comfortable, and don't make any plans that rely on this being open by a certain day

...or weeks. At Qualcomm, there were at least 7 weeks between when the super chargers appeared the same way they do here, and when the thing was actually online. Electrical inspection must pass, *then* transformer must be installed by SDGE (which can happen in a day). Also don't forget about proper handicap access and other stall-striping issues, which greatly hampered QC. Strap in, get comfortable, and don't make any plans that rely on this being open by a certain day
True, if the transformer is not in place. Is that the case here? Typically, once construction is complete complete, and inspections signed off, the go-live is almost immediate.

Holy moly! Did this thing get stood up in under a month or what it just me?

Carlsbad is chugging along beautifully and Downtown is a great too. All the sudden, once 4S Ranch and this come on-line, San Diego County is looking very good indeed. If there were idle fees at Qualcomm, overall availability would be even better still.

A lot of us (myself included) were bellyaching earlier this year about the availability of Superchargers in the area, locals clobbering them, etc. Pretty shortly, there appears to not be much to complain about in the short term - even if the locals keep hitting them up.

Very impressed with Tesla Supercharger build out in SD County and it's hard to think otherwise. 84 SD County charging bays by the end of 2018 and/or very early 2019? Yes, please!

Reactions: twonius and bmms8