Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Friars Road (Mission Valley, LIVE 31 Jan 2019, 24 Urban + 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by this site yesterday, and parked in one of the stalls in the middle of holiday shopping traffic. No one else was parked there, ICE or Tesla!. The concrete pad for the utility transformer is in place, but no transformer yet. I would guess this site will go live after New Year's Day. Previous post about all the interchange work is on the mark. Friars Rd. Westbound at 163 is best avoided these days.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
B7E6D00C-4F11-458E-BDFE-E6569F792B1A.jpeg
44A0417D-755A-4EEA-A9A2-F2DBE26022F1.jpeg

Looks very near opening. Transformer has been placed, but still fenced off. Probably early-January. 24 stalls in a row looks fantastic.

I went into the Tesla showroom and talked to a representative. He said this location is opening Jan 15th. Charging rate is up to 240kw!
I think either he or you were confused. They are arguably of the "new type" in that they are the urban-style superchargers. But they'll be limited to 72 kW max like all the other urban-style superchargers has been installing lately. "New type" or similar statement about this specific installation isn't about the V3 superchargers that are going to be coming with the higher charging rate.

I think either he or you were confused. They are arguably of the "new type" in that they are the urban-style superchargers. But they'll be limited to 72 kW max like all the other urban-style superchargers has been installing lately. "New type" or similar statement about this specific installation isn't about the V3 superchargers that are going to be coming with the higher charging rate.

Yeah, guess he is confused then. I asked him if he was sure and he said, “I’m pretty sure”. Not saying I believe him but I’m just relaying the message. Either way I’m very happy about this new location.

But it seems unusual to have the cabinets with charging hardware arranged as they are at this location.
You mean having the cabinets separated over the whole area rather than clustered together like they usually are? I think its just what the space allowed. Highly doubt they are anything other than the standard 72kw urban chargers.

72kW = 240mph with a Model S. I'm guessing that's where he got confused. Highly doubt these will be 240kW superchargers but I hope to be proven wrong!

I've seen a few of the newer urban superchargers with the white cabinets in separate locations rather than in one single cluster, so I think that's just a new trend.

72kW = 240mph with a Model S. I'm guessing that's where he got confused. Highly doubt these will be 240kW superchargers but I hope to be proven wrong!

I've seen a few of the newer urban superchargers with the white cabinets in separate locations rather than in one single cluster, so I think that's just a new trend.

Most likely. I usually get a chuckle out of how little the reps know when I chat them up at the mall.

• Funny
Reactions: jowaldo