Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Friars Road (Mission Valley, LIVE 31 Jan 2019, 24 Urban + 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But Tesla needs the power hooked up before they can do testing, I thought.

Maybe you missed it up thread, but SDG&E did the final electrical connection to their transformer early Wednesday morning (like around 3am), so Tesla had power for the first time yesterday. And more up thread, the final inspection passed Monday morning. All in all, very tight timing. Oh, and total construction time was 3 months, also pretty fast for such a big SC site.

Reactions: logan and David99
Maybe you missed it up thread, but SDG&E did the final electrical connection to their transformer early Wednesday morning (like around 3am), so Tesla had power for the first time yesterday. And more up thread, the final inspection passed Monday morning. All in all, very tight timing. Oh, and total construction time was 3 months, also pretty fast for such a big SC site.

I think I just misread your earlier post. :oops:

Yeah just based on the pic of the Tesla employee testing all the stalls, I would guess this one goes live tonight if it hasn't already. It's anyone's guess when it gets put into the Nav or updated on the Tesla website though.

I have been tracking the website and while the balloon is still grey they updated all the site info.

Capture.JPG

There are a lot of SC in LA and Orange County east of the 5 freeway, but a big hole in Pomona Valley. Probably most Tesla owners in Pomona Valley live in a house and charge at home.
LA chargers get filled up at times but there is often one nearby with open slots.
Will be interesting to see how the Fashion Valley mall charger fills up and if it will relieve Qualcomm...that is the nearest one to me until Carmel Valley opens...only 1 mile away!!!!...yeah.