Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 39903

View attachment 39904

I took these Friday afternoon.

There was crew on site working on the walls and filling the trenches. Said that they would be complete Monday or Tuesday.

Two items remaining:

1. Arrival and hookup of chargers

2. Hookup to main power

@ callmesam: Nice pics!!!

While I share your enthusiasm, I noticed quite a few additional missing Items to arrival and hookup of chargers and Hookup to main power:

** the white covers have yet to be installed at the Supercharger Station bays
** the cables have yet to be pulled to each of the Supercharger Stations
** I did not see a large (typically green) transformer, so that may have to be set and also hooked up
** none of the posts for signage has yet been placed and concrete poured
** @ the trench area, there probably needs to be asphalt or some other hard material
** Typically new striping is painted for the bays
** any remaining exposed dirt area probably will have some sort of landscaping material or shredded bark to dress it up
** @ most of the Electrical equipment paddocks, they typically have gates to secure the equipment
** Local code officials typically need to review and give the project a green tag at some point
** There is a person sent by Tesla that does the Supercharging testing/certification prior to turning the power on.

Thus, my observation is: The members of the crew that you spoke with might be complete with their portion of the work (probably CMU walls and concrete) by Monday or Tuesday, but there is still a significant amount of work to do before this location will be "live" and activated.

Just part of the reality of construction and multiple trades completing their specific task so the next group can get underway.

@ callmesam: Nice pics!!!

While I share your enthusiasm, I noticed quite a few additional missing Items to arrival and hookup of chargers and Hookup to main power:

** the white covers have yet to be installed at the Supercharger Station bays
** the cables have yet to be pulled to each of the Supercharger Stations
** I did not see a large (typically green) transformer, so that may have to be set and also hooked up
** none of the posts for signage has yet been placed and concrete poured
** @ the trench area, there probably needs to be asphalt or some other hard material
** Typically new striping is painted for the bays
** any remaining exposed dirt area probably will have some sort of landscaping material or shredded bark to dress it up
** @ most of the Electrical equipment paddocks, they typically have gates to secure the equipment
** Local code officials typically need to review and give the project a green tag at some point
** There is a person sent by Tesla that does the Supercharging testing/certification prior to turning the power on.

Thus, my observation is: The members of the crew that you spoke with might be complete with their portion of the work (probably CMU walls and concrete) by Monday or Tuesday, but there is still a significant amount of work to do before this location will be "live" and activated.

Just part of the reality of construction and multiple trades completing their specific task so the next group can get underway.

went by today.

White covers installed

I didn't see a transformer yet (from utility). May or may not be there

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 729
Updated today

Four and a half of the seven stations are in. But there is a delay problem. Union bank has not given an easement to the utility for them to connect the power. There is over 100 feet of trenching that will take a minimum of three to five working days after the easement is granted.
more pictures to follow

- - - Updated - - -

I am limited to space....only 4 mb of pictures allowed...sorry!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 833
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 818
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 807
Well that's a bummer. I'm guessing a big corporation like union bank won't be efficient granting the easement. On the other hand, it seems like tesla is good at getting these stations installed quickly and it's hard to believe that they would have put this much time and cost into this site if they didn't think they could get it done.

They must grant the legal easement.....it has not been filed. Very disappointing. The trenching has to go down del obispo for almost 100 feet, then across MAYBE only 20 to 25 feet of union bank property. Not very good project management over site or critical path planning. This is a critical link for us to be able to get to San Diego and back.....go hope they can wrap it up soon.