Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only evidence we have that the signs were stolen came from very early on from one of the contractors. I'm not sure I believe it. SJC is actually a nice area that I visit often and have a hard time believing that someone would go to all the trouble of digging up signs for no good reason. I just don't see it. I think they were probably forced down by Union Bank or one of the other venues.

The signs were stolen? That's incredible. Someone has serious anti-EV issues and needs to get back on their meds...

Well, they were there briefly, and then they went missing. RandyS was told by the construction crew that some Model S owners had announced their intention to steal the signs. (See earlier in this thread.) I find it somewhat difficult to believe that the Model S owners would declare that. (I trust Randy's account of what he heard from the crew, just not what the crew said.)

The signs were not dug out. They were unscrewed from the posts and taken; the posts are still there. I think I'm a pretty good judge of character with respect to exaggeration and BS and when the foreman of the crew told me the story, it was pretty convincing. As I recall, one of the two guys that he said were going to take a sign visited the site fairly often when it was under construction.

Either way, it is very discouraging that anyone would do that (Tesla owner or disgruntled non-owner). If I were Tesla, I'm not sure I would invest the money to replace the signs...They'd probably just get taken again, by one faction or another...

Too bad for us owners...

The signs were not dug out. They were unscrewed from the posts and taken; the posts are still there. I think I'm a pretty good judge of character with respect to exaggeration and BS and when the foreman of the crew told me the story, it was pretty convincing. As I recall, one of the two guys that he said were going to take a sign visited the site fairly often when it was under construction.

Either way, it is very discouraging that anyone would do that (Tesla owner or disgruntled non-owner). If I were Tesla, I'm not sure I would invest the money to replace the signs...They'd probably just get taken again, by one faction or another...

Too bad for us owners...

I hope tesla installs new signs. I'll swing by and weld them to the poles.

I was just at the SJC Supercharger - 2pm Saturday afternoon - all 7 stalls were in use, had to wait 10 minutes to snag a spot. Started at 55 kW charge rate since I was sharing the charger with another car. Only one person was near their car and they probably left a bit early to allow me to charge - everyone else was sightseeing or eating lunch or whatever. Saw 3 brand new Teslas at the charger (no plates yet). It sure would be nice if people were a little more considerate and only charge what they needed rather than parking their cars and leaving. Anyways, when I left (some 30 odd minutes later - all I needed was about 100 miles and a QUICK lunch break) there were three empty stalls.

CANNOT WAIT until more Superchargers are built between LA and San Diego.

I was just at the SJC Supercharger - 2pm Saturday afternoon - all 7 stalls were in use, had to wait 10 minutes to snag a spot. Started at 55 kW charge rate since I was sharing the charger with another car. Only one person was near their car and they probably left a bit early to allow me to charge - everyone else was sightseeing or eating lunch or whatever. Saw 3 brand new Teslas at the charger (no plates yet). It sure would be nice if people were a little more considerate and only charge what they needed rather than parking their cars and leaving. Anyways, when I left (some 30 odd minutes later - all I needed was about 100 miles and a QUICK lunch break) there were three empty stalls.

CANNOT WAIT until more Superchargers are built between LA and San Diego.

Take a look at Second Los Angeles Supercharger location? - Page 3 . This is a good refinement of Tesla'a Supercharger Maps. If you believe these, then there will be Superchargers north and south of San Juan Capistrano, as well as two in San Diego. If all of those locations happen in the next year, they should help the San Juan Capistrano queueing problems.

Take a look at Second Los Angeles Supercharger location? - Page 3 . This is a good refinement of Tesla'a Supercharger Maps. If you believe these, then there will be Superchargers north and south of San Juan Capistrano, as well as two in San Diego. If all of those locations happen in the next year, they should help the San Juan Capistrano queueing problems.

Well, the only new dot to the north of SJC in the blow up maps appears to be Costa Mesa. There is nothing further to the north along the 5. Hopefully owners in San Diego can stop in Oceanside, but that appears too soon to me. Maybe for the return trip?

Well, the only new dot to the north of SJC in the blow up maps appears to be Costa Mesa. There is nothing further to the north along the 5. Hopefully owners in San Diego can stop in Oceanside, but that appears too soon to me. Maybe for the return trip?

From what I hear, the place to look north of San Juan Capistrano is Fountain Valley.

Fountain Valley is on the way...