Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will someone please post a picture of the new signage? Thanks.

i snapped a few this morning. i will try to get some night pics, but i don't often go there at night.

IMG_20150522_111713.jpg

IMG_20150522_111823 (1280x960).jpg

It clearly says "No Parking",

however isn't that different to "No Standing"?

Means you could charge there while sitting in your car?

Have you ever heard of someone getting out of a parking ticket arguing they were in the car so it's only 'standing'? :biggrin:

Just don't charge the car from the wrong side. Does Tesla really have to waste money and build a fence to prevent people from just being too lazy to drive 40 yards to the other side? I don't mean you personal, don't get me wrong! I just have been at the location many times I pulled in a stall and then when I got out saw someone grabbed it from the wrong side, just out of convenience. It was never meant to be used that way, it is confusing, especially when it's dark. It's frustrating.

Have you ever heard of someone getting out of a parking ticket arguing they were in the car so it's only 'standing'? :biggrin:

lol I dunno, in Australia (where I grew up) there is a distinction between "No Parking any time" and "No Standing any time", so thats what I was basing it off.

The problem is that the supercharger cabinets/walls are too close, therefore it is very difficult and there is not enough space to get out of the car while still having the cable long enough to charge

Looks like the San Diego Supercharger in Sorrento Valley is unofficially open as of today. So anyone wanting to skip San Juan Capistrano should have an option now.

Even if you need a few Joules to make it to San Diego, there is no need to charge for excessive amounts of time to get a 100% charge. That by itself should reduce the queueing at San Juan Capistrano. Let's see if the theory works.

San Diego has 11 working stalls, so it should be much less crowded is less queueing than San Juan Capistrano.

Even if you need a few Joules to make it to San Diego, there is no need to charge for excessive amounts of time to get a 100% charge. That by itself should reduce the queueing at San Juan Capistrano. Let's see if the theory works.

San Diego has 11 working stalls, so it should be much less crowded is less queueing than San Juan Capistrano.[/QUOTE

hopefully after Elons announcement today the local use of SJC goes down ...just went down today and as usual all full

I'll bet you no one that uses SJC as their local fill up station heard Elon's comment or cares what he said. Elon did say that Tesla might call locals who abuse the stations and remind them that Supercharger is meant for long distance travel. But given the comments on this thread, I suspect a lot of locals will just ignore such entreaties.

Tesla still hasn't put the San Diego supercharger up on their site (and in the car nav), so I suspect not a lot of people know about it yet. Once Tesla actually advertises that San Diego is open, it'll be interesting to see if SJC becomes less busy. If it stays busy, then we'll know it is just locals sucking up free power.

I'll bet you no one that uses SJC as their local fill up station heard Elon's comment or cares what he said. Elon did say that Tesla might call locals who abuse the stations and remind them that Supercharger is meant for long distance travel. But given the comments on this thread, I suspect a lot of locals will just ignore such entreaties.

Tesla still hasn't put the San Diego supercharger up on their site (and in the car nav), so I suspect not a lot of people know about it yet. Once Tesla actually advertises that San Diego is open, it'll be interesting to see if SJC becomes less busy. If it stays busy, then we'll know it is just locals sucking up free power.

Making a trip the San Diego this Saturday so can you tell me where the Supercharger is in San Diego? Didn't find anything online about it.

Hopefully the car nav gives the correct way to get there, but this address is more accurate: 10105 Pacific Heights Blvd., San Diego, CA. Also, if you are heading southbound at rush hour, you should bypass the regular Mira Mesa exit, and get off at the next exit, which is a HOV only left hand exit onto Carol Canyon, and then loop back. Non rush hour is fine going the regular way.

Hopefully the car nav gives the correct way to get there, but this address is more accurate: 10105 Pacific Heights Blvd., San Diego, CA. Also, if you are heading southbound at rush hour, you should bypass the regular Mira Mesa exit, and get off at the next exit, which is a HOV only left hand exit onto Carol Canyon, and then loop back. Non rush hour is fine going the regular way.

Going to any Supercharger, the Lat/Long position is very good. Put the Nav in "Sat" mode and zoom in. That view will help you much more than turn by turn directions.

I passed through this SC over the weekend (Friday) and there was only two cars at 3pm. 30 minutes later there were a bunch of cars waiting to use them. I spoke to a few owners and most lived in the area looking for a quick charge up before the weekend I guess.

BTW PSA - Good tacos in that plaza and the one across the street.

I stopped at the SJC SC site this afternoon (Thursday) at 5 pm to get a quick charge before heading on down to San Diego. Including me, there were 4 of us charging, 3 when I left. I think we can safely say this particular overcrowding crisis is over since San Diego has come online.

I hit the SJC Supercharger on a Sunday at the end of April. Every charger was filled. I got the last open one and another Tesla had to wait. Seemed like there were locals hanging around for a free charge. I hope I am wrong, but on a Sunday afternoon? C'mon. I only needed 15 minutes to ensure the range to a Carlsbad destination charger. But that was the most crowded Supercharger we encountered that day coming from NorCal to Carlsbad.

Since the San Diego Supercharger opened, I think this'll clear a lot of overcrowding here.

I remember, whenever I needed to drive to San Diego, I'd leave Irvine with 100%, and then would barely get back to SJC with 5-8%, sometimes even less.

Now I can be free to pick up a charge at San Diego for 10-15 mins, then probably skip SJC altogether, especially if I'm heading home.