Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While SJC is certainly one of the busiest Supercharging stations, that does not mean you'll have to wait every time. For every person that had to wait 5-10 minutes for a spot to open up, there's probably 10 more people who got an open stall immediately. Those are pretty good odds I think.

SJC is in the middle between LA to SD and 1 minute off the freeway, it's a great location to charge MS and for kid to take a break at the same time.

San Diego Supercharger is close to Sea World, it's kind of waste of time to stop there just for a charge, by the time we are done with the park, everybody will prefer to go straight to the hotel, so Daddy (me) have to make a separate trip to San Diego Supercharger, not as convenient as I hoped for.
I was in San Diego recently and had to make a separate trip to charge the car at the supercharger as well
But I blame car2go for that, all the blink chargers at mission beach were taken by them. I waited for an hour in case someone took one of those cars, unfortunately no one did.

With how much car2go clogs up charging stations in certain areas, I feel like they should pony up to add more stations in those areas.
Only other option is to get a car2go membership so you can move the cars when needed. (You can ask them for a special code to avoid having to pay if you do this)

With how much car2go clogs up charging stations in certain areas, I feel like they should pony up to add more stations in those areas.
Only other option is to get a car2go membership so you can move the cars when needed. (You can ask them for a special code to avoid having to pay if you do this)
I called them, waited on hold, no one answered. Left them a message and no one called me back.
I tried signing up, but they charge a 35 dollar one time fee.

Will take a look next time I'm there, though I still avoid sjc (usually can leg it home to Irvine)
I stopped by SJC for the very first time yesterday. Arrived around 2pm, a Saturday, only to find every spot taken and 1 car waiting. Another Tesla showed up behind me and immediately gave up. There was a guy wearing a wife-beater parked on the wrong side of the stalls. I waited a couple of minutes and gave up. Went to the historic town there for a bit and came back around 4pm. Several stalls were available.
As far as I could tell, whatever cars were there at 2pm were not there at 4pm. That at least tells me no one was "parked" there.

At SJC now. It full with one Tesla waiting. First time here. Only 7 stations. Sad. Being the one station in all of OC and only 7? Sad.
d9198e0023bf7a48716c8a202a6e2a4d.jpg
abb019899093350422184bdf56d0a58a.jpg

A suggestion

I am sure the folks at Tesla are working to improve the Supercharger availability situation. Maybe we can help a bit, too. Could we create a site where we can log in a "hit" for every time we visit a supercharger, but all slots are full? I know that Tesla is tracking the actual use of all Superchargers, but I doubt they have any way to know how many folks were not able to charge due to the station being full For example, I tried to charge at San Juan Capistrano last night on the way back to the LA area from San Diego. In addition to me, there were two other cars waiting to charge. It would be good for Tesla to have more complete data on such crowding. Yes? No?

I am sure the folks at Tesla are working to improve the Supercharger availability situation. Maybe we can help a bit, too. Could we create a site where we can log in a "hit" for every time we visit a supercharger, but all slots are full? I know that Tesla is tracking the actual use of all Superchargers, but I doubt they have any way to know how many folks were not able to charge due to the station being full For example, I tried to charge at San Juan Capistrano last night on the way back to the LA area from San Diego. In addition to me, there were two other cars waiting to charge. It would be good for Tesla to have more complete data on such crowding. Yes? No?

I'm actively use plug share

I charged at sjc yesterday during trip from sd to LA. Was very disappointed to see TWO owners come and plug in and have a family member drive them off. That sure sounds like locals using the chargers right during a busy Sunday. I was plugged in for 45 minutes... Those two cars were left plugged in. Disappointed in my fellow Tesla owners