Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First it was Redondo Beach that was going to alleviate congestion. Then folks said ah-hah, San Diego will do it for sure. Well, I'm afraid it's not doing much either. What's needed, IMO, is a SpC along the 5 near downtown LA. Why does Tesla not realize this? Seems obvious to me.

I'd think they ought to be able to find a spot between the Cerritos Auto Mall and the Citadel. If they want something to the North, anywhere between Burbank and the Valley. Obviously not in downtown LA, but near it. If I knew any of the owners I wouldn't hesitate to contact them, but I don't. Just one measly car owner who doesn't even have the backing of the brand isn't going to turn a whole lot of heads. If I go to someone with an idea, I want to give them something that's going to make them listen. That's just my style.

Heading to San Diego for the day today for the first time since there were ANY SC's along this route (except Hawthorne). I will probably grab joules at the new SD charger, mostly to avoid the congestion at SJC. In case I still need to stop SJC by coming home, I recall deep in this thread somewhere that there was some construction to be avoided. Anything I should know? How crowded might this be on a Monday evening?

The crossover on the Ortega Hwy bridge wasn't bad at all on the long weekend Sunday a week ago. Still, probably best avoided. SJC availability was fine that day; I did have to move a few min in to avoid splitting stalls.

The Qualcomm-hosted SD SC was really neat. Juiced up there late on July 4th after watching the fireworks from the nearby Mesa Verde park.

The crossover on the Ortega Hwy bridge wasn't bad at all on the long weekend Sunday a week ago. Still, probably best avoided. SJC availability was fine that day; I did have to move a few min in to avoid splitting stalls.

The Qualcomm-hosted SD SC was really neat. Juiced up there late on July 4th after watching the fireworks from the nearby Mesa Verde park.

The bridge ramp has been rebuilt, significantly improving the traffic quality.

The SD SC was nice and only two other charging on the morning of the 5th.

Sorry that I only scan through around 30 pages but not the entire 92 pages of this thread.
I heard this supercharger location is busy often. I'm planning a trip to San Diego later this month, wondering during which time frame that I'm least likely have to wait to get a charge, so I can plan my trip properly.

Also the supercharger in San Diego. Thanks.

SJC is in the middle between LA to SD and 1 minute off the freeway, it's a great location to charge MS and for kid to take a break at the same time.

San Diego Supercharger is close to Sea World, it's kind of waste of time to stop there just for a charge, by the time we are done with the park, everybody will prefer to go straight to the hotel, so Daddy (me) have to make a separate trip to San Diego Supercharger, not as convenient as I hoped for.

SJC is in the middle between LA to SD and 1 minute off the freeway, it's a great location to charge MS and for kid to take a break at the same time.

San Diego Supercharger is close to Sea World, it's kind of waste of time to stop there just for a charge, by the time we are done with the park, everybody will prefer to go straight to the hotel, so Daddy (me) have to make a separate trip to San Diego Supercharger, not as convenient as I hoped for.

I would just avoid SJC during evening rush hour. I used to use SJC when I went up to LA and never had to wait, there are a lot more amenities at SJC than SAN . Check out hotels in San Diego for destination charges, there are quite a few.