Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Savannah, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla should really abandon this site and put in a new one somewhere else. My six visits her have ranged from sub-optimal to horrible. The single worst Supercharger I've ever been to on the East Coast.

Were there yesterday late afternoon. Only car charging, meaning 7 slots free.

Walked to the terminal building: restroom and then Starbucks.
Walked back and the car was ready for the long leg to Macon along I-16.

Signed the parking slip with phone number, gave it to the attendant and left.

Reactions: doghousePVD and GSP
Looks like 2 new stalls added since my last visit, seems to be working now better than before. The two new stalls are a different supercharger cabinet and charge fast, the original ones are arranged differently so might confuse folks trying to not share Superchargers and are kinda slow at 85 kW, whereas the new ones charged at the full 125 kW or so for me. Good news overall.

Well charged here a couple times with the new chargers, unfortunately I'm having issues with them as after starting at a good charge rate they start to wildly vacillate between 5 kW to 50 kW (this is at a low state of charge like at 40%) and I have tried both stalls on this particular supercharger cabinet, so it looks like this site is going to have problems through the holiday travel season unless Tesla fixes it.

Heads up ... I've heard that Tesla is working on a new site north of this Savannah site, just across the state line into South Carolina. "Working on it" could just mean paperwork at this point.

If anyone is passing through this area, and you have an extra 30 minutes or so on your hands, snoop around the 2-4 southernmost I-95 exits in South Carolina (Hardeeville and Ridgeland). Or see if you can find a building permit online. I don't want to start a separate thread for it just yet -- just giving you all a heads up to look for it.

I've stopped using the Savannah location. It's so unpredictable now that it's not worth the time to find out if it's working correctly.

Fortunately we come into the Savannah area via I-16, so we've been able to avoid the Savannah Supercharger because of the new Metter Supercharger.

Metter has surely reduced the load on Savannah a bit, but adding another on I-95 will help a lot.

Anyone in the Savannah area, can you checkout the Parker's at Hardeeville SC?
Since Parker's opened a V3 supercharger in Metter - they would be a great candidate and this one is right off the exit near a Waffle House.

Parkers #54
16319 Whyte Hardee Blvd
Hardeeville, SC 29927
Greg Parker CEO also bought a Model S and has stated he wanted Superchargers (as well as CCS) at more of their stores.

Reactions: gavine and Bobbo8
Fortunately we come into the Savannah area via I-16, so we've been able to avoid the Savannah Supercharger because of the new Metter Supercharger.

Metter has surely reduced the load on Savannah a bit, but adding another on I-95 will help a lot.
I went out of my way on my last trip just to try out the Metter V3 Supercharger. The speed of the V3 is certainly a game changer.

Anyone in the Savannah area, can you checkout the Parker's at Hardeeville SC?
Since Parker's opened a V3 supercharger in Metter - they would be a great candidate and this one is right off the exit near a Waffle House.

Parkers #54
16319 Whyte Hardee Blvd
Hardeeville, SC 29927
Ran by the Hardeeville Parker's location this evening to investigate. There are currently no signs of physical construction activity. There's plenty of potential real estate for it, but no indications.