Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Savannah, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was here a few weeks ago. Luckily it wasn't too busy, and I was able charge at full speed each time that I tried. A few tips that I posted on PlugShare:

The stalls are not laid out in a A,B,A,B configuration; they are (from left to right) 1A,2A,3A,1B,2B,3B. You can easily be sharing without realizing it.

You must exit the garage through the attended lane to avoid a parking fee—even though the clerk at the information booth in the terminal swiped my ticket, the unattended (credit card) exit lane tried to charge me. Luckily, I was able to back up and go to the attended lane. So, as far as I can tell, there is no purpose to going to the information booth in the terminal since you have to leave though the attended lane anyway and they will override the fee if you tell them you were here to charge.

If you want to save a few seconds at exit, write your name and phone number on the ticket ahead of time.

As others have mentioned, if you're here when the attended booth is closed then you'll have to pay the parking fee.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
We're planning on a trip to Savannah in late April, and will need to charge to get back home. It sounds like we may be better off trying to charge at one of the destination chargers in the parking garages downtown overnight. (We're staying near one, and would be paying to park anyway). Can someone local confirm that this would be a better plan than hitting the SC on our way out of town?

We're planning on a trip to Savannah in late April, and will need to charge to get back home. It sounds like we may be better off trying to charge at one of the destination chargers in the parking garages downtown overnight. (We're staying near one, and would be paying to park anyway). Can someone local confirm that this would be a better plan than hitting the SC on our way out of town?

Sure, you might as well, if you’ll need to use a parking garage anyway. The main advantage is that you’ll start the day with a full charge so there isn’t any waiting around.

If you haven’t already, take a look at Plugshare to decide on the best lot/garage.

In the recent "Ride the Lightning" podcast, Elon mentioned they would be replacing some of the V1 "75 kW" superchargers with V3 hardware. This Supercharger comes to mind as a prime candidate for that. At my stop here a few months ago my charge range ranged from 10 to 65 kW.

In the recent "Ride the Lightning" podcast, Elon mentioned they would be replacing some of the V1 "75 kW" superchargers with V3 hardware. This Supercharger comes to mind as a prime candidate for that. At my stop here a few months ago my charge range ranged from 10 to 65 kW.

All but positive the are not V1. They are too new for that. Must be another problem. I just got my Model 3 and making a trip to south of Savannah in a couple of weeks. I will be "forced" to stop here. Wish the Meter SC would get built.

EDIT: Just looked back and they were put in late 13 so they are older than I remember. So maybe they are V1.

EDIT: Just looked back and they were put in late 13 so they are older than I remember. So maybe they are V1.
They should leave the airport chargers alone, but instead, I hope they talk to the Outlet Mall across the highway from the airport for a charging location.
The airport cost is sunk already, why not put new charging equipment in a more accessible place?

They should leave the airport chargers alone, but instead, I hope they talk to the Outlet Mall across the highway from the airport for a charging location.
The airport cost is sunk already, why not put new charging equipment in a more accessible place?
Agree with this. They should just put in a new one at a better location. Same goes for Chattanooga.

Agreed...only issue is that sometimes that mall is crazy busy (of course when Gulfstream lets out nothing moves anywhere).

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Hopefully, they will upgrade to V3 while they are at it. That charger is nearly unavoidable on a trip through George and, as @Chuckyvt says, this site is not great. I would almost rather see them put another one somewhere nearby so as to be able to skip Savannah. My biggest complaint is that it is too far from the highway. I guess a raven Model S can can go-between Kingsland and Santee, but I know my Model X 90D couldn't and I'm skeptical that my Model 3 AWD would, unless I spend extra time charging to 100% at Santee and/or Kingsland.