Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Savannah, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
loganss

Since you live in the DC area, think about driving back from Miami with the other Supercharged travelers coming from Florida for @TeslaRoadTrip 2014. Schedule your return so you arrive at the @TeslaRoadTrip Meetup at the Glen Allen, VA Superchargers late Saturday morning, February 15, and you'll have plenty of other Tesla owners to hang out and convoy back to DC with.

Lanny

loganss

Since you live in the DC area, think about driving back from Miami with the other Supercharged travelers coming from Florida for @TeslaRoadTrip 2014. Schedule your return so you arrive at the @TeslaRoadTrip Meetup at the Glen Allen, VA Superchargers late Saturday morning, February 15, and you'll have plenty of other Tesla owners to hang out and convoy back to DC with.

Lanny

When is this @TeslaRoadTrip 2014. Is this the east coast road trip?

Did anyone else just get an invitation for the opening of the Santee, SC supercharger? That supercharger opened weeks ago (and I had gotten an invite for that one at the time) so I suspect they really meant to send out an invite for either Lumberton or Savannah and just messed up the email. The opening on the email says Thursday, January 16th at 10 a.m., so I thinking one of these two is opening that day.

That was correct. They typically have the official "ribbon cutting" a few weeks after its already in operation. Call it a soft opening!

Was able to make it to savannah from Atlanta today. Supercharging was great. Posted additional pics and info to Recargo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 665
Won't an event such as a Tesla Road Trip cause massive backups at the SC's if the attendees will be charging? I mean if 8 or more show up - well, you know.

We're encouraging participants to arrive between 10am and 2pm (for departure to dc) to allow for ample time for everyone to charge. They will be coming from 3 directions (south, north and west) and so far we don't have too many "Supercharged" travelers to cause a bottleneck at the Superchargers....

Aaron

photo-11.JPG

Here's a pic of my S charging today at Savannah. Amazingly, this was the only other model S I saw on my 900 mile journey from Northern Va to Orlando. The airport is an odd location. WiFi was not functional and food options limited. This was a bit annoying since I needed to range charge to get enough buffer to get my 60kWh to St Augustine on a 34 degree (WTF) day and I was traveling with my 8 year old son. Next time I'll bring a book!

Also, the parking attendant took about 5 minutes to figure out how to not charge me the 2 bucks, hopefully they'll get that sorted out for the next guy...

Last edited:
DFib
So how did your 60kWh do from Savannah to St Aug? How much range was left? Did you have to slow down because of the cold?

Updated.......

nvm. I just saw your post in the Jacksonville Supercharger thread. Impressive Wh/m!

Last edited:
Just noting that the Visitor Information Desk is only open from 8:30AM to 11:00PM on Saturday and Sunday it seems. I was not able to validate my parking entry ticket for a free exit at 12:30AM :(

Edit: Also noticed this thread's been inactive for months... sorry about that.

I have to admit this was one of my least favorite chargers... i didn't know i could validate the ticket.

There is something really odd about going into an airport on a road trip, maybe that's part of my dislike. I didn't want to eat dinner at an airport and almost all the dining choices were closed by the time I arrived.

I used the Savannah SC recently during early evening. Arrived 5 pm and departed just before 7 pm on a Friday. Was waiting to pick up someone flying in to Savannah. I was able to get my parking ticket validated at the Visitors Desk as described earlier in this thread.

You might be able to telephone the parking office at the airport and confirm whether a validation is required or not. I had my ticket validated because the Supercharger page on the Tesla website indicated to do so.

I was charged one whole dollar on my stop there going down, but nothing on the return trip stop. I chalk it up to an attendant that did not recognize the car on the first trip. I did not go to any visitors desk or anything.