Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sealy Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla removed the Sealy "Coming Soon" from the Find Us a while back, and now they are planning instead to build Superchargers at two Buc-ee's on this stretch of I-10. Given this, and that it's been in "permit" for nearly 2 years, I've removed the blue dot for Sealy from supercharge.info.
What do you think about the Fort Worth - Clearfork location? That one has been in permit for even longer and there an urban SC 5 miles away, Alvarado is 22 miles away, and the Buc-ee's is 26 miles away in the other direction. TDLR also has that one as Project Closed.

That's a great pit stop with a convenience store and restaurant, but only for east bound traffic based on my last trip through that section of I-10.
From Google Maps, westbound travelers need to use a different entrance.
1684972495182.png

Reactions: PStewart
As someone who has done many drives between San Antonio and Houston, more charging spots are BADLY needed along I-10. Flatonia is so bad, I never stop there anymore. Columbus the max I’ve ever gotten is 56 kW. The Sealy and Luling spots will be a very welcome addition.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
I find that pretty unlikely tbh.

Could anyone go by and physically verify?

I'd be surprised if Tesla themselves goofed on this, but the chances are slim that we'd go from Permit to Open with no one noticing.
It does really seem to be open. Tesla posted about the Sealy site on their Tesla Charging X account... with a picture even.