Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - NW. Ballard Way (LIVE Dec 2020, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course I zoomed in as best I could. But I couldn't make any heads or tails of it.

Also, I have noticed that the car's internet connection is hit or miss on this level of the garage. Mostly miss.

D16AB84A-40A5-4007-BE38-EBE7B13D68A1.jpeg

Sorry to be a pest, but you need to take a photo unzoomed first and save it at the highest resolution. Then open it and zoom in. If you zoom in first on the phone, then you lose resolution. If you have a camera with an actual zoom lens, then you can zoom first and shoot.

I apologize if you already did this.

Sorry to be a pest, but you need to take a photo unzoomed first and save it at the highest resolution. Then open it and zoom in. If you zoom in first on the phone, then you lose resolution. If you have a camera with an actual zoom lens, then you can zoom first and shoot.

I apologize if you already did this.
The unzoomed photo was already posted previously. If you want to manipulate it somehow, then be my guest. I am not a photographer by trade.

The specifications on that drawing indicates to me that it is to support destination chargers. So either there will also be destination chargers or this location is only destination chargers. The small trench and smaller diameter conduit than usually seen at supercharger construction leads me to conclude the latter.

The specifications on that drawing indicates to me that it is to support destination chargers. So either there will also be destination chargers or this location is only destination chargers. The small trench and smaller diameter conduit than usually seen at supercharger construction leads me to conclude the latter.
You're not reading the diagram right. Destination chargers don't take input power at 480V/250A. If that isn't convincing for you, look at the permit linked in the opening post of the thread. Definitely superchargers, but they'll be the 72 kW urban variety. Which is why the conduit is smaller than what you might be used to seeing recently if all you've been seeing is the conduit at V3 (250 kW) sites.

The 8 stalls will be back to back, 4 on each side. Transformer will be placed in the lower left corner of the above pic and then the cabinets will be lined up next to it along the end of the parking stalls. No idea if there will be an enclosure, but it would all be fairly exposed without one.

v2 will be awesome for apartment dwellers like me. Urbans just are kind of a huge PITA. They are too slow to sit and wait. But they're too fast to go out to dinner or watch a movie without risking idle fees. But v2 is perfect for running in and grabbing a few things at Trader Joes on the way home from work.

Urban v2 IMO should be 4-way shared 100kw but have like 20 of them so that they aren't reserved for charging (making garages more eager to accept them or even have idle fees. Fast-Destination chargers.

Reactions: chrstna4
v2 will be awesome for apartment dwellers like me. Urbans just are kind of a huge PITA. They are too slow to sit and wait. But they're too fast to go out to dinner or watch a movie without risking idle fees. But v2 is perfect for running in and grabbing a few things at Trader Joes on the way home from work.

Urban v2 IMO should be 4-way shared 100kw but have like 20 of them so that they aren't reserved for charging (making garages more eager to accept them or even have idle fees. Fast-Destination chargers.

V2's are shared, V3 isn't. I would take an urban over a busy V2 any day. If it's busy, there is a chance you could be down at like 20 to 30kW on the V2 until some people started leaving or cars started to hit like 70% charge.

I would like to see an Urban V2 that was like 125kW dedicated and I think ALL urban chargers should have 10+ destination chargers with them, even if they're not dedicated parking spots. Maybe now that destination chargers can be monitored and charged Tesla will push more of them. I wouldn't mind being billed the same per/kW cost for those guys as I would pay on a supercharger... there are just times I want to park for like two hours while I catch a movie or get a nice dinner and drinks and could use the ~20kWh that a 208 volt destination charger could get me, but would have to move from a supercharger right in the middle....