Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - NW. Ballard Way (LIVE Dec 2020, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I did check earlier today and everything looks exactly the same as the pics in my post from 9/16. As in the glove is still on the ground, garbage cans and brooms have not been moved, etc. So no one has been on site at all in over 10 days now.

Make that 15 days of no change. E8023FD0-ADE6-49BD-AB33-04B75CDB370E.jpeg8BAB52A1-5DBC-41D0-B5E4-7FF2138225FE.jpeg16283050-BAC1-45B3-B607-D5DB1B141A47.jpeg

Took these yesterday. Forgot to post until now. We have parking bumpers and "bollards" on site so at least something is happening. From the size of the boxes and the labels, I believe the "bollards" are the yellow posts you often see placed around equipment to protect against vehicle impacts. I believe the label says "yellow powder coat pipe safety bollards."

52D918E2-16E7-4CD6-85FD-66C68E3BAF58.jpeg
F0D9EF96-5791-4EAD-8F31-D6BB6A65F3DA.jpeg
EC4367D4-763B-4F95-891C-1C191DC9BBB9.jpeg

Last edited:
I reached out to Tesla supercharger via email, been a couple of days no update yet. Is there a way to contact the local building/property management?

So disappointing to see so little progress, this is heading in the same direction as Bellevue perhaps.

I reached out to Tesla supercharger via email, been a couple of days no update yet. Is there a way to contact the local building/property management?

So disappointing to see so little progress, this is heading in the same direction as Bellevue perhaps.
It's likely worse than that. I mean they shipped and installed the wrong pedestals. I've never seen that before and I've followed literally hundreds of these supercharger builds.

Some good news... crew on site today and they said they should be done in a couple weeks. From my experience watching other supercharger builds, there are often delays with the power company and Tesla commissioning so I wouldn't count on using this one that soon, but hopefully it will be turned on before the holidays.

They also confirmed it would be a v2 supercharger. The issue was not with the pedestals but some type of spacing problem. Maybe that's what the 2x4s are for.

@MarcoRP @Chuq

Supercharge.info is listing these as 8x72 kW urban, but in appears they're 8x150 kW V2.
I'd be very curious to see the max rate when someone with a low SOC plugs in. There's a part of me that wonders if these will be rate limited to urban speeds, but in a v2 body. (Yeah, I know, crazy thoughts, but I'm just in disbelief that Tesla's actually installing a v2 here...)

Here are some pics from earlier today. Still some work being done on at least one stall, but the fence is down and everything else looks fairly complete. The conduit from the switchgear runs along the ceiling to an electrical room on the other side of the parking garage (same floor), so unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to follow the progress on the transformer and meter. I'm not sure if they would install those in the electrical room or if they get installed above ground with more conduit connecting them to the electrical room.

One other note... the paired stalls are back to back which seems like it will be kind of confusing, especially now that so few superchargers have pairing issues (it's really just a v2 thing at this point). I visited some old v2 superchargers on a recent road trip and was surprised to see all the Y drivers and many of the 3 drivers that were totally oblivious to pairing. Back in like 2017 or so pretty much everyone was aware of the pairing issue (of course they were pretty much all v2s and even some v1s back then!), but 2020 is a different story.

1DCCD0ED-A920-4AB4-84BA-BF19FB16A56F.jpeg
18C5BBA6-E5DC-4FA8-AC15-431F3736C85D.jpeg
A95BCEB7-ACCE-4C31-A6FC-4BAA67DA71E2.jpeg

Last edited: