Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Euroa VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't travel that way, but the principle is valid. How long is temporary, temporary, Tesla?
Not only is it on the way to Sydney, but you need to use it if you are driving up to the ski fields. Especially if you are going to Mt Buller, because most people will have to park in the lower car parks, and there is no charing infrastructure there. Really need to be changed over pronto.

The new Euroa station was supposed to be at the local Euroa Tourist Centre. I went there today and there is no construction happening. Nothing different at the existing site. Its possible that its happening somewhere else In Euroa though

Hopefully they leave the sled at the Servo then for those of use who don't want to sit in their car in darkness at 3am. Honestly, I know many disagree, but plenty of Teslas Supercharge locations are not 24/7 freindly. All the new ones in the UK are all at Service Centres.

Reactions: LGGD and doctorwho
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
I was charging the the Euroa supercharger last week and while waiting decided to get some exercise by walking around the service centre. By pure chance, I happened upon some wooden stakes in the ground with interesting things written on them. Some of the stakes are in the attached pictures. I have no idea whether this represents current or old plans or whatever.

http://www.strathbogie.vic.gov.au/c...st-news/1191-new-tesla-supercharger-for-euroa

I've sent them a PM on Facebook to confirm which car park they are going in to. @One Gear , I assume you were nowhere near Kirkland Avenue?

New Tesla supercharger for Euroa
Monday, 10 July, 2017

Strathbogie Shire Council is working with Tesla on an innovative new project, installing a six bay Supercharger station at the Kirkland Avenue carpark in Euroa.

Works for this development are underway as part of Tesla’s plan to double their charging network globally by the end of 2017.

Tesla plans to grow from over 5000 Superchargers, to more than 10,000 Superchargers and 15,000 Destination Chargers globally by the end of the year.

Superchargers are being built to allow Tesla owners to charge more conveniently on long-distance trips, as they strive to make charging available to people in regional areas.

Tesla’s current vehicle offering includes the fully electric Model S sedan and Model X SUV priced from $119,000.

Strathbogie Shire Council has embraced this project as a great opportunity to support sustainable living now and in the future, as well as a chance to increase traffic to Euroa.

The project will begin by installing six charging bays at six of the carparks in the block, two of which will be permanently dedicated for Tesla cars only, and then as demand grows the remaining four will be commissioned.

It is anticipated that these works will be completed in the next two to three months

Also, I would find it unlikely they'd keep the sled at the servo. If the servo was really keen to keep the SCs there they may put in two permanent ones, but I expect Tesla would want to retrieve the sled for future emergencies (like when they need to sneak a temporary one in to ensure they keep their promise of finishing a route!)

If Tesla takes the sled back, an enterprising DC fast charger company may want to make the servo an offer, seeing as there would be no infrastructure upgrades required and minimal civil works required!

There's a carpark there as a part of the Tourist Information Centre, a toilet block over the road and the few shops are a couple of hundred metres walk. There's nothing open in Euroa after-hours except the servo on the Hume. I imagine that its moving because the servo has limited power and that there's no way that they can put a 6 bay service there. Shame there's nothing whatsoever in Euroa

Reactions: bradjc
I got a reply back from them on Facebook! This is the spot:
View attachment 235259

Speaking of Facebook, if you'd like to "correct" People Who Are Wrong, there are many of them here::Shepparton News

Yeah that Facebook comment thread is a bit scary, not going to get into correcting anyone on there.

I do worry about after hours charging at the new location though, nothing open nearby after hours (I'm aware of) and the centre of town is a bit off the hwy (3 mins vs 0 mins out of the way of a hwy commuter so not a big deal). The current spot has 24hr ammenities and is right on the highway so I guess compromises had to be made to have the space for charging spots. Seemed like a lot of empty area at the service station though! Looking forward to checking it out when built...