Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Soldotna, AK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@GuyHall suggested something like this a bunch of years ago - though his destination was Fairbanks: Trophy for Fastest BEV Time From US Washington/Canada Border to Fairbanks, Alaska

With a CHAdeMO (or future CCS) adapter, there are only two large DCFC gaps: between Fairbanks and Haines Junction YT (492 miles) and between Marsh Lake YT and Kitwanga BC (672 miles).
Pretty sure the fastest trip by this definition would start at the Peace Arch and then head south to the ferry in Bellingham :)

Or if you are just trying to get to anywhere in Alaska, it would be Sumas border crossing, then up to Prince George via superchargers, and then out to Hyder, AK using some public chargers. You could probably do that one in under 24 hours once the highways re-open.

• Funny
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Really wish the Tok to Anchorage drive via Tok Cutoff Highway/Richardson/Glenn would get some attention as to go from Tok over to Fairbanks before going down the Parks to Anchorage adds a lot of miles to the journey... But I'll take whatever we can get at this time. Was very Happy to see the Soldotna SC in operation. Now to see if I can make it down there to try it out!

Reactions: J569
Really wish the Tok to Anchorage drive via Tok Cutoff Highway/Richardson/Glenn would get some attention as to go from Tok over to Fairbanks before going down the Parks to Anchorage adds a lot of miles to the journey... But I'll take whatever we can get at this time. Was very Happy to see the Soldotna SC in operation. Now to see if I can make it down there to try it out!

Please do. So far I haven’t seen a report of anyone actually charging in Soldotna.

Reactions: SilverMonk
This site is indispensable on the peninsula. Did our first drive to Homer this weekend and rolled into here each way with 3% in 6-10F temps. Brutal 35 mph headwind with a rocket box on top crushed my range even further. Had never seen a high wind message on the NAV before this!! Needed an extra ‘comfort’ top off at the new Freewire CCS in Cooper Landing due to just about worst-case efficiency. A good reminder of just how far we are from enjoying comfortable winter drives up here, much less mass EV adoption.

Solar
1000011093.jpg