Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, OR - Kruse Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, I thought I was excited 2.5 years ago when Roadster owners covered this route with HPCs. This is way better! I too am looking for an excuse to take a trip...I have one in January, but that's too far away...

So much thanks to those who provided updates on progress and ADK for implementing such a historic innovation across the west coast! And we are going to use them all to visit grandmas in LA!!! Thanks Elon and everyone at Tesla!

The wife and I made our first road trip from Portland down to Eugene on Tuesday. Just wanted to share some photos and the great food and beer at Hop Valley Brewing next door to the supercharger.

IMG_3297.JPG
IMG_3298.JPG

When did they add these white "EV only" cones? I haven't been in Eugene in a while but every time I had been there about half the spots were ICEd - one time I had to have the hotel find an owner so I could charge (they were super helpful and were able to find the person in under 5 minutes).

That hotel has a conference center type thing that's often used for lunch meetings like rotary. There's plenty of parking but a lot of it is around the building and so people would ICE the SC spots because they're in a hurry or something. Also, unless things have changed, some of those spots allow for ICE parking for a period of time. Those spots are clearly marked as such and the other spots are also marked.

I'm glad they're taking steps to avoid the ICEing. Apparently the signs weren't enough.

- - - Updated - - -

The wife and I made our first road trip from Portland down to Eugene on Tuesday. Just wanted to share some photos and the great food and beer at Hop Valley Brewing next door to the supercharger.

Yes, Hop Valley is a solid place. It's not going to win any culinary awards but everything is better than decent. I'm a big fan of the Citrus Mistress IPA.

My parents still live in Eugene (where I grew up - I'm a Churchill (and UofO) graduate) so I was glad to see that there was a SC in Eugene. As soon as I get my S85D in March my first long trip will be from Federal Way, WA to Eugene. Having SC all the way down is going to be so helpful!

Is anyone concerned about the massive amount of vehicles which will descend upon Eugene/Springfield for the total solar eclipse on the 22nd of August? I will be in town for a golf tournament and am hoping that the SC spots are not filled by hotel goers and am unsure how many Tesla's will be in the area and need charging.

I'm coming for the eclipse down from Washington. Doing a family reunion over the weekend, staying in Clackamas and then after the early Monday checkout, heading South. I'll probably charge in Woodburn on my way back north late morning. I just need to find a place somewhere in Eugene to watch it.