Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St George, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You neglected to say what your rated miles remaining was... Just curious.

16 km (10 miles - using the two digit conversion! :) ). At the peak of the hill before the long downhill stretch into Beaver it had gone down to 10 km (6 miles).

I had been tracking the "buffer" the whole way, where "buffer" = the range shown by the car, less the remaining distance shown by the nav screen. I kept swearing at the hills, I couldn't believe there was Yet Another uphill. :) I remember at one point my buffer was -2. At that point I was thinking "ok, I should just stop and plan the route to the RV park". But there's uncertainty with that, as I had not planned ahead to use a plug at an RV park. And at such a slow speed, any time I didn't have to go uphill I was "building up" the buffer. IIRC the buffer went back up to 40 km or so.

I agree, 50 mph in an 80 zone is not good, if there's any traffic. This was at 2 am. There were not many trucks, and possibly even fewer cars, on the road. As I say, I had the "4 ways" going. Getting hit is even worse than running out of battery power. :)

Take out the 40 km detour, and I bet it could be done at a much more reasonable speed.

But, still - the St George supercharger is definitely needed!

- - - Updated - - -

We need current pics. Anybody nearby?

I am sort of near by. Kind of. I'm in Denver, on my way back west. I probably won't be there before WSE51 passes through. No promises, but I have a good camera with me and I will take pictures if we go by the site. And post them if I have a hotel with decent WiFi. :)

Perhaps that's why the 3 I just posted were deleted. Anyhow, folks, you'll have to PM for the photos. I posted them originally around 8pm MT last night, which is why I tried reposting today. Perhaps it's a matter of me reaching a minimum threshold of post count before they will be allowed through and not auto-deleted.

Perhaps that's why the 3 I just posted were deleted. Anyhow, folks, you'll have to PM for the photos. I posted them originally around 8pm MT last night, which is why I tried reposting today. Perhaps it's a matter of me reaching a minimum threshold of post count before they will be allowed through and not auto-deleted.

Did you see any progress since the previous picture post?

Here are Vinnie's excellent pictures, from the end of the day Thursday, July 24.

0iIPHPQ.jpg
5b0Uc2u.jpg
fkF6GQw.jpg
MWkUiEL.jpg
O9z44rc.jpg
tTxHHFg.jpg

Thank you, Darmok. As you can see, there is a little progress being made but a tad hard to quantify exactly how much. :) Anyhow, I live in the area and am currently not an owner, but I am fiending a Tesla vehicle something fierce. May have to wait until gen 3 comes along and put up with my Prius c for now. In the meantime, you folks managing free interstate roadtrips have me extremely jealous.

Last edited:
It's probably not something Starbucks could prevent a property owner from doing, though some tenants have no modification areas that would require consent. Starbucks could certainly facilitate Tesla conversations with Starbucks' various landlords, which could be helpful, but ultimately the deals would be between Tesla and the property owners. It seems that Starbucks would like having the sites near them if parking were not affected. With this location in the back, I bet Starbucks will love it.

I haven't tried since my last post. I'm waiting to see if by some miracle my posting rights will expand when I reach 10 posts (I'm guessing it's related to an antispam mechanism that they've employed here at the forums).

Sorry vinnie97 I wasn't clear-- I was asking if you had a verbal description of progress.
I see the pictures now.

- - - Updated - - -

Member since 12/12
Owner since 12/12
It has been years since I was a "Junior Member" of anything :smile: