Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tarrytown, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Off topic, but any of y'all near Scarsdale? I'm waiting for my Model X (mid-December, methinks), but the electrician finished installing the charging setup yesterday, and I'd love for a Tesla to stop by for a charge to see if it works.
Tomorrow (Thursday) I plan on diving north on the Hutchinson Parkway and should be passing Scarsdale between 12:30 and 1:30pm.
If that works for you, email me at [email protected] to make arrangements.

Concrete pad is in place with 6 Superchargers (12 cars) and gray power switch/distribution centers. I didn't see the transformer, it's supposed to be 40 feet out on a parking lot island.

IMG_2231.JPG

IMG_2230.JPG

What are the chances that this location can be one of the new automated connector superchargers which we are expecting Elon to announce on Friday?? I doubt it. But that would be awesome.

Announce on Friday? I must have missed that part - the only tweet I know of was for some sort of integrated solar and battery system.

I don't think Tesla will be installing locations made up solely of the automated connectors anytime soon - instead I'm expecting to see one or two automated and the rest traditional for the next few years.

If Tesla uses something very much like the snake they showed a while back, the automated stalls will all be pull in stalls - the snake wasn't long enough or shaped right to sit behind the car and reach around to the side.

What are the chances that this location can be one of the new automated connector superchargers which we are expecting Elon to announce on Friday?? I doubt it. But that would be awesome.

Zero chance. The announcement in Friday is a Solarcity related announcement. Also, there's really no need for "the snake" until there's fully autonomous driving available, which is many years away (in real time, not Elon time).

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Announce on Friday? I must have missed that part - the only tweet I know of was for some sort of integrated solar and battery system.

I don't think Tesla will be installing locations made up solely of the automated connectors anytime soon - instead I'm expecting to see one or two automated and the rest traditional for the next few years.

If Tesla uses something very much like the snake they showed a while back, the automated stalls will all be pull in stalls - the snake wasn't long enough or shaped right to sit behind the car and reach around to the side.

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 12.27.18 PM.png

He did refer to some kind of "Tesla charger" in his initial tweet about the event. Also, the Tesla website does allude to some sort of automated supercharger which would make it possible to summon your car across country. While the actual self-driving updates are a ways off, cars are now being delivered with the hardware capable of being fully autonomous. It is now time for Tesla to start upgrading the supercharger network with this capability in order to make self driving long distance a possibility.

What we saw was only an initial prototype to showcase that the technology which will make this possible does exist and that they are working on it. That video was shot over a year and a half ago. In that amount of time, it is a possibility that Tesla would be able to develop the technology into a form factor capable of being installed in an existing supercharger bay.

No, not with "the snake". It's technology that won't be utilized for several years if not more.

There's absolutely no need to expend cash and resources on that.

Other than Elon said that they will demo a car driving, and charging, itself from LA to NY by the end of next year. So there needs to be at least one route built with the snake chargers by the end of next year. (Even if it is only one "snake" stall per site.)

Or I guess they could make a portable snake Supercharger and just drive it along side the car and set it up where the car needed charged, but I wouldn't think that would go over well as a demonstration.

Yeah, like I said "Elon Time". It took them three days to shoot that one three minute video, splicing together take after take of the same route over and over, to get it look like a seemless "drive" (and some people think they hacked the AP at certain places). It's all smoke and mirrors at this point. So a Tesla from LA to NY only makes it halfway through Nevada before it has some unexpected problem, do they fix it and continue on (splicing out the bad parts), or do they go back to LA and start over?

Yeah, like I said "Elon Time". It took them three days to shoot that one three minute video, splicing together take after take of the same route over and over, to get it look like a seemless "drive" (and some people think they hacked the AP at certain places). It's all smoke and mirrors at this point. So a Tesla from LA to NY only makes it halfway through Nevada before it has some unexpected problem, do they fix it and continue on (splicing out the bad parts), or do they go back to LA and start over?

Where is did your information that it took three days to get enough footage to splice together pieces come from?

Other than Elon said that they will demo a car driving, and charging, itself from LA to NY by the end of next year. So there needs to be at least one route built with the snake chargers by the end of next year. (Even if it is only one "snake" stall per site.)

Or I guess they could make a portable snake Supercharger and just drive it along side the car and set it up where the car needed charged, but I wouldn't think that would go over well as a demonstration.

I don't think he said that. He said that he imagines one doing that. He imagines a lot of things.

I don't think he said that. He said that he imagines one doing that. He imagines a lot of things.

Quote from Elon on the AP2 call: "I feel pretty good about the goal of a demonstration drive of full autonomy all the way from LA to New York. Basically from a home in LA to – let’s say – dropping you off in Time Square in New York and then having the car park itself by the end of next year."