Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA (expanded to 24 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't grab a pic but looks like the new chargers are installed. Hopefully they're at home stretch. I charge here everyday so now have to drive at a snail's pace to barely make it to Santa Clarita.
That is impressive work if they are almost done. Then again, we have seen other sites move from breaking ground to go-live in only a few weeks. I imagine Tesla is highly motivated to get this site completed very quickly. I never expected it, but it would be great if this site goes live by Memorial Day.

Reactions: McManX
If its like other sites in SoCal its going to be on Edison to place I'm assuming either a up sized or a second transformer. That might be a bit of a wait.

Wished it was live by the weekend as this is a must stop for my going down south. I'm going to have to re-route as I usually go 99 will have to cut over to Buttonwillow.
You are spot on. One would think that Tesla has arranged a special agreement with Edison, etc to expedite this sort of thing.
Again, given the key location of this station, and the headaches that likely occur as a result of it's closure, my belief is that Tesla and their contractor had everything laid out beforehand, to make this as rapid a turnover as possible. Personally, I have to drive to Bakersfield and back in 2 days, and have to make a 23 mile detour to the Bakersfield SC to complete this trip. The chances of this being ready by then are pretty darn slim.

It looks like the SCE territory closely follows the Ventura County line where it borders Kern County. I would guess that the Tejon Ranch Supercharger is served by PG&E. I would also not assume that the site needs a larger transformer or service from the utility since it already has Powerpack batteries.

Stopped by Tejon Supercharger:
Cabinets looks completed (just without covers)
IMG_20180523_195907.jpg

Workers were cleaning and pressure washing are inside:
IMG_20180523_200008.jpg

Also right behind charging equipment I've seen what looks like brand new transformer:
IMG_20180523_200129.jpg

So there is hope of opening it soon.
Also If I counted correctly there're at least 22 stalls including old ones.

We drove up to Yosemite from Ventura County last week and were concerned to find this offline. The trip planner in our 85D routed us up I5 to charge at Kettleman City then up 41 all the way to Yosemite. I took the bait and tried it (not that I had much choice).

It actually was much faster and more pleasant than our regular route up 99. It was only 11 miles further and we stopped to charge 2 times instead of 3 (Kettleman City and Fish Camp instead of Tejon Ranch, Fresno, and Fish Camp). On the way home we only had to charge in Kettleman City. 41 was actually great. We hit a couple of stoplights but otherwise it was 65-70 the whole way. It is much less crowded than 99 and I5. We will always use this new route going forward. The Kettleman City facility is awesome BTW. It will spoil you for all other supercharger stops.

I really learned a lesson on this trip. I need to think outside the box and consider alternate routes that may be more miles but that will eliminate charging stops.