Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA (expanded to 24 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up, if you are going to travel between So Cal and Nor Cal the Navigation in the car wants you to stop at the Tejon Ranch supercharger still. The trip planner on the Tesla website also plans your trip using the Tejon Ranch stop. In addition to that the EV trip planner site EV Trip Planner adds in the Tejon Ranch stop. Good thing I stumbled upon this closure before I left from Dublin Ca. I was planning on making the Tejon supercharger a main stop on my trip to SO Cal. I called Tesla customer service to let them know they need to fix this in the navigation and website before someone gets stranded.

I called Tesla customer service to let them know they need to fix this in the navigation and website before someone gets stranded.
Thanks for doing that. I had assumed that the car nav would know the site was temporarily closed.

The Tesla website Find Us page also gives no indication that this Supercharger is closed. Find Us | Tesla

Thanks for doing that. I had assumed that the car nav would know the site was temporarily closed.

The Tesla website Find Us page also gives no indication that this Supercharger is closed. Find Us | Tesla
I think it knows if you try to navigate directly to it, but does not omit it when you try to do a multi-supercharger trip. I never use the Nav to do the latter so I would never notice.

Just a heads up, if you are going to travel between So Cal and Nor Cal the Navigation in the car wants you to stop at the Tejon Ranch supercharger still. The trip planner on the Tesla website also plans your trip using the Tejon Ranch stop. In addition to that the EV trip planner site EV Trip Planner adds in the Tejon Ranch stop. Good thing I stumbled upon this closure before I left from Dublin Ca. I was planning on making the Tejon supercharger a main stop on my trip to SO Cal. I called Tesla customer service to let them know they need to fix this in the navigation and website before someone gets stranded.
I’m on 2018.16 and it routed me away from Tejon even though it was a usual SuperCharger stop before. Now tells me to charge longer at Bakersfield. So the car has the smarts (if you’re running the latest firmware). Not surprised that the Tesla website it unhelpful regarding Tejon

A few photos..... from a request I made.

Best I could do...... I’m out of the area!!

Looks like the equipment area is being expanded.

It's hard to tell how many stalls are being placed. Let's hope for 18 more although probably just 8 more are being put in for a total of 18.

TESLA OWNERS: Stop by and 'photo up" this expansion.

This is historical as one of the first supercharger sites expands.!!

Attachments

• CD83F0AB-C543-4294-99AE-F56396E1E348.jpeg
    CD83F0AB-C543-4294-99AE-F56396E1E348.jpeg
    696.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 66A9231A-DEB5-4A61-BC27-4C0B4B5C980B.jpeg
    66A9231A-DEB5-4A61-BC27-4C0B4B5C980B.jpeg
    695.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Reactions: Tam and HookBill
Tesla's website still shows it as a supercharger station with six chargers. It also shows a Yogurtland at that location. I let them know in January 2017 that it was closed. I let them know again last September that whoever they forwarded it to didn't do anything. I don't think I'm going to have much luck getting them to update. Apparently, Firehouse Subs has been there for about a year now.

If anybody else does Tell Tesla to fix their page, maybe this can be pointed out too. It makes no more sense to show the station at all than it makes to show any that are under construction.

There are plans for a Supercharger in Bakersfield proper along SR99, just a stone's throw north of Tejon Ranch, as it were. I do not know how many people who use Tejon Ranch take 99 (like me) as opposed to 5, but certainly when Bakersfield opens that will further reduce the stress on Tejon Ranch. Right now it is imperative for me to stop at Tejon Ranch heading home from the Los Angeles area unless I wish to detour onto Interstate 5. Heading south, it appears to be dicey to try to reach Sta. Clarita (although I will try to next fall when I head south.)

In addition, Santa Barbara and Ventura owners who desire to go avoid the LA metropolitan area can reach the Grapevine at Castaic Jct. (SR126) on Interstate 5 then head north to their destinations. They too must stop at Tejon Ranch now.

Then there is the minority of owners from the Central Coast area who take SR166 east from Sta. Maria to reach Barstow for trips to Vegas or northern Arizona. Today they must detour south to Tejon Ranch before continuing through the bustling metropolis of Arvin and climb on SR229 to SR58 to continue their eastward journey. The putative Bakersfield Supercharger will avoid this detour as well.

While a Supercharger on the east side of Interstate 5 would be a welcome addition, I do not foresee a major issue at the extant location within 2-4 years once Bakersfield proper is open.(*) But then, too, my crystal ball has been known to become hazy and fall off the table.

(*) Much will depend upon the ultimate location of this Supercharger. If it is north of the junction with SR58 along SR99, Tejon Ranch might be more convenient and have more options available. We shall see!

I don't think there will be a "Bakersfield proper" Supercharger, though I wish they would. The grey pins for the future sites have all been placed wherever the pin would show up if you google the place name. For example I remember seeing a grey pin in Tejon Ranch which is further south along I-5 near Lebec. Now that they have started working on the Tejon Ranch Supercharger the grey pin is gone. I think they will just expand the existing "Bakersfield" Supercharger with more stalls. The same with Mojave. I doubt they are installing a second Supercharger in Mojave just expanding the existing one.