Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Three Rivers, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. No news is good news in these threads.

The supercharger is at a Love's truck stop that has a McDonald's and a Subway. There's also a Motel 6 across the parking lot though it doesn't sound like you'll be needing that.

I want to know other's people experience with this SC as well. This might be my go to SC when I go to the valley. I prefer going from Austin to Laredo and then to the valley due to the family location and the mostly good 5G/4G cell reception along this route. But it looks like going through the Three Rivers SC will be preferable since there is no other SC between north San Antonio and Laredo. It looks like at point point there was going to be a SC at Dilley, but it disappeared from the Tesla map.
Solid SC. I’ve used it for several years and have never had any issues charging.

Good for me too. I live in the Valley and use it whenever I go to San Antonio and beyond. Once in awhile it may be partially ICEd (usually by pick ups pulling a trailer) but I’ve never had a time when it was a problem. By the time I use the facilities and get something to eat at McDonald’s, Subway or Loves, I have more than enough juice to move on. PlugShare has excellent reviews.

Reactions: Electroman
Saw XHabJab there two days after Christmas, and yes - it was busy. No problems, but it is obvious there are a lot of new Tesla owners in the Valley.

I didn’t have any problems getting home to McAllen, but even with the 95% charge I had when I left Three Rivers, I had to throttle back to 70 mph against the 30 mph head wind. Could use another SC at Alice or Falfurias.

Supercharger in Three Rivers is well located for a trip north from the Rio Grande Valley but with 75 mph speed limits, little traffic and usually hot weather, range estimates are usually optimistic. Be sure to fully charge 220 miles + to comfortably make the 165 trip from the McAllen Supercharger.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Supercharger in Three Rivers is well located for a trip north from the Rio Grande Valley but with 75 mph speed limits, little traffic and usually hot weather, range estimates are usually optimistic. Be sure to fully charge 220 miles + to comfortably make the 165 trip from the McAllen Supercharger.
Yeah. C'mon, Falfurias' HEB get your head in the game.

It would be nice to have another SC at Premont or Alice for a “just in case.” I usually have no problem at 75 mph, but the prevailing winds can make it “interesting “ sometimes. The wife and I went to San Antonio right after New Years. The prevailing SE wind gave me lots of juice left on the trip up, but the same wind was about 35 mph on the back. I made it home with 9% SOC after leaving Three Rivers at 95%, but it did make a little nervous.

But I like Three Rivers. Good choice of eateries, and even a bucket with squeegee to clean the windshield.